Bonsai Maples- Andrea Meriggioli

I would love the English spelling of the name of that book if you had time (if you know it), Is that the one that has Ebihara’s techniques in it?

Thanks!

It does feature some of Ebihara's techniques but I think executed by a different artist. So the photos are not the ones from Ebihara. I am sorry but I don't know the title of the book but I will try and find out.

I missed this post. Must have been on vacation looking at bonsai 😂. Anyways, my friend told me about this book last year. I finally bought it and received it today. It's looking like a great book! Cost me about 150 USD. I believe it's absolutely worth it. It covers so many topics. Mine is soft cover; it doesn't matter to me. I love it! It's got to be my best bonsai book.
A peak inside the cover. @0soyoung ,you need this book.
IMG_20190829_092113_387.jpg20190829_110632.jpg20190829_111457.jpg

I would love the English spelling of the name of that book if you had time (if you know it), Is that the one that has Ebihara’s techniques in it?

Thanks!
The English spelling is "yamamomiji buna no sodatekata".

山もみじ・ぶなの育て方

The English spelling is "yamamomiji buna no sodatekata".

山もみじ・ぶなの育て方

@ysrgrathe Thank you! After looking it up that means "how to make beech and maple".

I missed this post. Must have been on vacation looking at bonsai 😂. Anyways, my friend told me about this book last year. I finally bought it and received it today. It's looking like a great book! Cost me about 150 USD. I believe it's absolutely worth it. It covers so many topics. Mine is soft cover; it doesn't matter to me. I love it! It's got to be my best bonsai book.
A peak inside the cover. @0soyoung ,you need this book.
View attachment 259958View attachment 259957View attachment 259956
I tried buying it, but its out of stock for English Version from Bonsai Focus. You know where I can still buy this book.

I tried buying it, but its out of stock for English Version from Bonsai Focus. You know where I can still buy this book.
I contacted directly by FB messenger. Paid by PayPal. Had difficulty using website as some of the functions didn't work.

Going through the book bit by bit. I am enjoying the pictures and the explanations that go along with them. I also like the Japanese and correct romaji used for their words. It helps to understand when talking with a Japanese. We can be on the same page. So much about everything including techniques I've wanted to learn and things I hadn't thought of doing yet like cleaning of a graft scar to better conceal the wound (e.g grafted branch). If this were leather bound with gilded page edges, I'd pay double for it and put it up on a bonsai altar 😁

Frank can I ask where you got it from?

I have been trying to order this book since it came out, and have had terrible luck! I have paid for it 3 times, refunded only twice.... and still no book months later!

I have only heard good things about it!
Andrea has his own website where he sells lot of stuff (and a pretty good forum too! but you must speak italian)
Here it is:

I was lucky to get a copy in mint condition of the Ebihara Kinbon magazine issue through EBay but can't remember the seller. He was in Japan and was selling it for cheap. The article of course is great but I thought it would have a whole article on Ebihara with large photographs etc. Not the case at all. Photos are really small and in B/W. Still happy to have it since it is quite rare now.
Actually you can order back issues from Kindai directly. I did it this spring, without any problem. You just need to contact (in English, even!) them using this form to ask for the price with shipping for product S0105A1 (Kindai Bonsai May 2001). You can get the product code of a specific back issue through this page

Thanks!
A bit late but the book title is "Yamamomiji, buna no sodate kata" ("How to grow Japanese maple and Japanese beech"), which is part of a 2005 series of books from Kinbon called "KB mukku ― bonsai-ju shubetsu shirīzu" ("KB Mook - Bonsai tree types series").
The full series includes the following volumes:
1-Japanese white pine
2-Japanese black pine
3-Shimpaku and temple juniper
4-Japanese red pine
5-Ilex serrata and crab apples
6-Jmaple and Jbeech
7-Ume and chojubai
8-Persimmon and kinzu
9-Trident and zelkova
10-Camelia and Flowering cherries

Last edited:
Actually you can order back issues from Kindai directly. I did it this spring, without any problem. You just need to contact (in English, even!) them using this form to ask for the price with shipping for product S0105A1 (Kindai Bonsai May 2001). You can get the product code of a specific back issue through this page

Sorry just saw this. Thanks for the info. Much appreciated!

Where from? Looked two days ago and all websites I found were out of stock

Edit: I see you're in the UK, that might explain it
Yup, I was umming and ahhhing then saw it go out of stock at Bonsai Focus then saw that Greenwood were down to one copy so I grabbed that one in a hurry!!

...actually Greenwood’s site has updated saying they have another two copies available... :)

A bit late but the book title is "Yamamomiji, buna no sodate kata" ("How to grow Japanese maple and Japanese beech"), which is part of a 2005 series of books from Kinbon called "KB mukku ― bonsai-ju shubetsu shirīzu" ("KB Mook - Bonsai tree types series").
The full series includes the following volumes:
1-Japanese white pine
2-Japanese black pine
3-Shimpaku and temple juniper
4-Japanese red pine
5-Ilex serrata and crab apples
6-Jmaple and Jbeech
7-Ume and chojubai
8-Persimmon and kinzu
9-Trident and zelkova
10-Camelia and Flowering cherries

Thank you for this, I just emailed them. I might just pick up a few more! Google translate dont fail me now!

Im going to take a wild guess that its not available in German?
I have no problem with English but I prefer German and it would be better for showing it to people

Back
Top Bottom