Bonsai Maples- Andrea Meriggioli

River's Edge

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Received my newest book the other day and i am finding it well worth obtaining. Of particular interest so far is the clear summary of development techniques and stages described beginning in chapter eight. Clear pictures, descriptions and discussion. I am only part way through the book but suspect it will be a keeper for many in the bonsai field.
Interested in hearing others response to reading the book.

Attachments

• IMG_1418.JPG
    IMG_1418.JPG
    308.4 KB · Views: 276
An excellent new book on maple bonsai. I waited for over one year for the publisher to have it translated from Italian to English. The wait was well worth it.
I am appreciating the quality of work and even more so that it is from such a young fellow over such a short period of time. Gives one hope for the younger generation involved in Bonsai.

Frank can I ask where you got it from?

I have been trying to order this book since it came out, and have had terrible luck! I have paid for it 3 times, refunded only twice.... and still no book months later!

I have only heard good things about it!

Frank can I ask where you got it from?

I have been trying to order this book since it came out, and have had terrible luck! I have paid for it 3 times, refunded only twice.... and still no book months later!

I have only heard good things about it!
I ordered through Bonsai Focus, it arrived in 1 1/2 weeks. The process is simple off their website.

I ordered through Bonsai Focus, it arrived in 1 1/2 weeks. The process is simple off their website.

Thanks! I was hesitant to order from them because their website says they are selling a 'softcover' (while hiryuen is selling a hardcover). But from your picture it looks like BonsaiFocus is in fact selling a hardcover version!

I had tried other means - the odd one came up on eBay and abebooks - but those options never worked out (just bad luck, it seems).

Thank you!

Thanks! I was hesitant to order from them because their website says they are selling a 'softcover' (while hiryuen is selling a hardcover). But from your picture it looks like BonsaiFocus is in fact selling a hardcover version!

I had tried other means - the odd one came up on eBay and abebooks - but those options never worked out (just bad luck, it seems).

Thank you!
The one i received is not a traditional hardcover Derek! I would say somewhere between the two. No dust cover, plasticized protective cover that is thicker than a traditional soft cover. Original signature on the first blank page inside the cover.

Looks like ill be picking ot up. I was waiting for a positive review to order it.

Thanks for the clarification Frank!

Order placed :)

The one i received is not a traditional hardcover Derek! I would say somewhere between the two. No dust cover, plasticized protective cover that is thicker than a traditional soft cover. Original signature on the first blank page inside the cover.
I got two copies from Andrea and both are stiffer soft covers.

My copy just arrived today - what an achievement by Meriggioli!

400 pages dense with so much valuable information!

a very impressive work!

Its the best book on deciduous I have read since bonsai inspirations, although they cant really be compared because it is only maples. But the amount of information is staggering!

Its the best book on deciduous I have read since bonsai inspirations, although they cant really be compared because it is only maples. But the amount of information is staggering!

There is another one that I treasure all about deciduous and their techniques. Much smaller book, not all photos in color and it's in Japanese... but I love it!

IMG_1651.JPG

IMG_1652.jpg

IMG_1653.jpg

Is that the one that has Ebihara’s techniques in it?

this one might have it too, but some of them were also published in kinbon may 2001, and in other kinbon issues, i think

i’ve literally sent close to 50 emails now to different people (i paid a translator to write the email that i use) to try to track down kinbon may 2001 and any other articles by/about ebihara, but no luck. It kills me i’m dying to find them 😩

@MACH5 that book looks amazing! including the blue and red cover wow 😍

this one might have it too, but some of them were also published in kinbon may 2001, and in other kinbon issues, i think

i’ve literally sent close to 50 emails now to different people (i paid a translator to write the email that i use) to try to track down kinbon may 2001 and any other articles by/about ebihara, but no luck. It kills me i’m dying to find them 😩

@MACH5 that book looks amazing! including the blue and red cover wow 😍

I was lucky to get a copy in mint condition of the Ebihara Kinbon magazine issue through EBay but can't remember the seller. He was in Japan and was selling it for cheap. The article of course is great but I thought it would have a whole article on Ebihara with large photographs etc. Not the case at all. Photos are really small and in B/W. Still happy to have it since it is quite rare now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom