Bonsai Christmas List '23

PowerTap

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
So it's past Thanksgiving here in the U.S. which means that I'll be asked for a Christmas list regardless of needing things or not as a bonefied grownup. So what bonsai things are you putting on your list?

I'm asking for a few upgrades to the bargain basement tools I started with.
  • Some nicer scissors
  • A pot pot for a tree that is ready to come out of a pond basket
  • Branch saw
  • Soil seive

pandacular

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
After struggling to work the thick aluminum wire on my very twisty mountain hemlock yesterday, I think it’s time I finally get some copper wire. I also applied to be a docent at the Pacific Bonsai Museum, and was told that part of the training is memorizing the story of all 150 trees! When I mentioned this to my sister, I think she got the hint about getting me the book…

On this one topic, does anyone know a place with a good deal on aluminum wire today? I think I need to bite the bullet and just buy a kilogram of every size.

Scorpius

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
After struggling to work the thick aluminum wire on my very twisty mountain hemlock yesterday, I think it’s time I finally get some copper wire. I also applied to be a docent at the Pacific Bonsai Museum, and was told that part of the training is memorizing the story of all 150 trees! When I mentioned this to my sister, I think she got the hint about getting me the book…

On this one topic, does anyone know a place with a good deal on aluminum wire today? I think I need to bite the bullet and just buy a kilogram of every size.
Wigerts has a sale on wire today.

Top Bottom