Christmas bonsai loot

My wife got me a 4-week ceramics class at a local studio. 2 weeks on the wheel, 1 week hand building and 1 week glazing. I’ve been inspired by all of you potters here on Bnut, I’m really looking forward to it!
That is a rocking gift! Have fun. My wife got me a nice pottery apron for when I can start taking classes again.

No bonsai specific loot.
My husband doesnt have a clue enough to know what I would want or need or what would be good.
We usually dont exchange gifts any more but prefer to get together one something we need for the house or the boat.

I suppose I could call this guy my new bonsai helper...lol
He was our Christmas gift to ourselves and to him for giving him a new life and a new home.
He has also given us a well needed gift. Some happy energy and joy to the house.

View attachment 466424
Bless you🥰🤗

Yea I can see he might have a propensity to do more pruning than I would like
He loves to chew on sticks and bark
My old dog had problems with chewing things up when she was younger. Solved it with rawhide. Scolded for chewing what she shouldn't, then given a piece once she sufficiently redirected, and another every night at bedtime no matter what. Another plus is she had wonderfully clean teeth and good breath for a dog.

Christmas present for the family...
...for the next, well for long darn time.

My podocarpus finally arrived!
It is the officially designated Christmas bonsai for the household.
IMG_20221227_104704_531.jpg
And after the kids found it.
IMG_20221227_192145_670.jpg

Need to get to work on my carpentry skills, build a better stand for it than an old bucket.

I was worried that it'd show up frostbitten given the weather last week, but I'm fairly certain the seller gave instructions not to move it in weather below freezing. At least that's the impression I get from the tracking data and a 4 day late delivery. I'm ok with that. Shows they're smarter than me, ordering in December. They'll be getting a good review. Plants By Mail out of Alabama if anyone is interested, via Amazon though I'm certain it's the same seller I'd seen on Walmart.

Back
Top Bottom