Big Mama Trident..

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Have an opportunity to acquire this besast.. Takes two guys to lift. Sunglasses for reference but seems bigger in real life. Any idea what something like this is worth? Hate to make things about the almighty dollar, but just curious. The pot alone must be worth a good bit.. Not sure if it's mica or clay.

So would love to hear your thoughts, what kind of price might this beast command? There is a large chop on the top.

Love the nebari and movement! Needs lots of work on branch development.

Cheers!

IMG_0780.JPG

IMG_0778.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0778.JPG
    IMG_0778.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 9
Reaction score
USDA Zone
more pics. This thing has been neglected for some years. Absolute mammoth. Hernia in a pot. flirting with absurdity! The base is 12" across. The pot measures 3ft x 2 ft.

It will take much wrangling to get it back in to shape. It's grown very leggy with almost no internal growth. Will need to be cut back hard and maybe even trunk chop and develop a new apex altogether as I think it's on the tall side. Looks like the old chop may never heal. Needs repotting this year so i'll get a good look at the roots and flare at that time. It's currently in potting soil. probably take it out of this pot and put it in a plastic one to lighten it up while it develops. Probably will try a graft on the outside of the trunk bend as I don't think I want to make this one a broom; all the current growth is at the top. But it's all conjecture at this point, as this tree is very new to me. Oh and those aren't cloves of garlic, it's fertilizer in coffee filter sacks!

IMG_0785.JPGIMG_0786.JPGIMG_0787.JPGIMG_0788.JPG

Last edited:

Vin

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
It needs a lot of work but it has the right trunk that's for sure. With the pot I would say somewhere between $800 - $1,200. If it was properly developed you'd be looking at $3,500 - $5,000. Nice find but keep in mind it gets old real fast when you try and move these things around by yourself.

Top Bottom