BIG ANNOUNCEMENT FOR FIGHT FANS!!

Wilson

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have no idea if there are boxing or mma fans here, but there was a huge fight announced this morning! Floyd Mayweather Jr vs Connor McGregor is now officially on!!! I know there are people from both sides who don't like these "freak show" fights, but I am stoked! If you are a fan of either, you know it will be a fun night, any way it finishes. By all ears sound off on what you think of this match!

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
My son told me about this one. So, will it be MMA or will they box?
If McGregor tries boxing he's done.
But Mayweather can take 6 months of Gracie Jujitsu and be able to hang with McGregor.

Wilson

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
12 round boxing match, 154lbs/10 Oz. gloves. Obviously a HUGE advantage to Floyd, arguably one of the best defensive boxers ever. That said, Connor is a long fighter with great timing. Connor could always play the role of the Pikey from the movie "Snatch", and upset the world.

JoeR

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I think McGregor gets frustrated around the 3rd or 4th round and starts throwing kicks. DQ.

But Dear God, please let Mayweather lose. I can't stand his mouth and his attitude.
True!

But BOTH of them have bad attitudes and mouths, both are db honestly. But it may all be a show too who knows

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Can't make a more hyped fight. The two biggest mouths in their sports. floyd will win. Both will get stupid money for fighting. And Floyd can go back to beating women like the piece of complete trash that he is.

Johnathan

Omono
Reaction score
This fight is nothing more than a payday. I wouldn't be surprised to see Connor get hit 1 time and just fall down.

No way Connor even has a chance at this. I don't think it will be an early round KO. Floyd will pick and choose and dictate the fight as usual. He will lump up McGregor pretty good purely out of spite..... The trash talk and hype leading up to the fight is the actual show.

Wilson

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Watching how this fight developed, and how it will be promoted, reminds me of the film "Great white hype"! Even though we know crossover fights are true freak show fights, I am definitely going to enjoy watching this!

davetree

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
DP Show pointed out that this will be Mayweather's 50th fight (he's 49-0) and a win would break Rocky Marciano's record of 49-0. He couldn't have found a bigger hyped, bigger payday fight against a seemingly way undermatched (at boxing) opponent!
He can't break Marciano's record with a fight that is not sanctioned. It doesn't count.

Wilson

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This time I am not doing like the pacquiao mayweather fight and waiting 3 hours to watch them run away.
I hear ya, boxing lost a lot of its shine years ago for me. I favor mma so much more than boxing these days. Growing up through the eighties and nineties we watched boxing with my old man, then there seemed to be a shift away from that to mma.

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I hear ya, boxing lost a lot of its shine years ago for me. I favor mma so much more than boxing these days. Growing up through the eighties and nineties we watched boxing with my old man, then there seemed to be a shift away from that to mma.

Not even Ward vs. Gatti ?!?!;):D:D:D:D:D:D:D Great matches!!:eek::eek::eek::eek:
ward.jpg ward2.jpg

Most of the talent drifted towards MMA.....too bad. Boxing just isn't the same.:(:D:D

Wilson

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I live outside Montréal, so Gatti has a special following here. Great wars, but as a whole boxing lost its lustre for me. Too many other fights of 12 rounds of hugging, versus the killer instinct of mixed martial arts. I definitely prefer the rules of mma, and oddly enough I believe it is the "safer" of the two sports.

Top Bottom