Bargain smoke tree! Ideas?

Hell of a bargain!

Search on here for smoke tree or by it's botanical (continus), I think @sorce still has one, and Walter Pall had one up a few months ago.

I had one of those once. Similar size. I chopped it hard the first spring, both top and bottom, and it bounced back with exuberant growth. Have fun!

I’m thinking chop whole center branch down to trunk and make it’s a slingshot cascade right down to left... anyone think I’m crazy?

Attachments

• 14304049-2D8B-46C2-A24F-2D77CC71C45E.jpeg
    14304049-2D8B-46C2-A24F-2D77CC71C45E.jpeg
    331.8 KB · Views: 56
I wouldn't do that.

Leave her looking whoooorish.

This another needs a dig down.

I found a different base on mine.

Nice.

Sorce

I’m going to get a better container tomo and repot and try to cut some of the top of the root balll off and see if there’s more trunk

Last edited:
Yeah good point. I’ll repot next spring, leave it alone for now. I may even leave it just like it is until next spring.

Yeah good point. I’ll repot next spring, leave it alone for now. I may even leave it just like it is until next spring.
I've killed so many trees that I really had high hopes for by being too aggressive with the roots and the branches both.
Letting it go cant hurt, I'm trying to play it safer in the new decade.

Sick of killing my trees.

Sorry, didn’t want to get my phone all dirty next time I’ll take pics of the butchery! It was a mess!

Back
Top Bottom