Bargain projects

Rose Mary

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Here's the prep on three of these:

The bigger of the two Alder was chopped and sealed a while ago, root work today. Old and pot bound, thick wood roots filling the nursary pot drainage. Had to cut away the pot, lots of fun, even the reciprocater came into play. Sorry no working pics but about 2 hours later it was in is new container.
View attachment 178086

The Dawn. Again chopped some time ago, and repotted a few days ago. What I will say is how nice dawn roots are to work. Like butter easy.
View attachment 178087

And last one of the cedars.. top sniped and dead branches cleared. This wasn't in the prime of health anyway, tucked away in long grass In the nursary, but this was the worst roots I've seen yet. Spiralling, choking and fused. I wasn't going to basicly bare root this but it was so fucked it was an all in play. We'll see if it has the will to live :/
View attachment 178088
\
this last cedrus looks a lot like my deodar, trunk gowth and color. too bad it doesnt have more live on it or are there a lot of buds?

Victorim

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
There is buds. I wouldn't say a lot.. we'll see.. I'm not too hopeful. The more I compare it is most likely Deodar.

Thanks @AJL , but no it's not blue spruce.

Top Bottom