Backbud nursery .com

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5/6
Would love to have some insight and hopefully reassurance this place I ordered from is legit and safe . So I found this place online , ordered a tree, then thought about adding another but wanted ask them if can add to my order or not. Then wondered 🤔 because most plant places either ship if dormant even in winter and other places do not until spring. Given I ordered this to use as grafting root stock hoping sooner then later. But when I read the contact info it says they respond 24 to 48 hrs or to call them. So I've sent email over 2 weeks ago and one other night in case some weird issue my orignal didn't get recieved . Then tried their phone # and it goes to a guy's voice email and that was over 5 days ago I left my basically info I emailed and question and still nothing . Ik maybe over thinking worried and all but thought someone here might know of this place or If is or isn't legit. Mainly because I've seen a rise in scam sites talked about on many forums and f.b. and all. I also do not mean anyrhing bad if they are legit just odd they havnt responded in 2 weeks via mail or phone

hardtimes

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
maybe try his etsy page https://www.etsy.com/shop/SoCalTrees?ref=yr_purchases . Ive ordered quite a few things from here and theyve all been great quality, the bare roots are on pre order right now and they havent shipped a few things out yet like stewartia and japanese hornbeam. im not sure what you ordered but his etsy page seems a lot more active than the website

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5/6
maybe try his etsy page https://www.etsy.com/shop/SoCalTrees?ref=yr_purchases . Ive ordered quite a few things from here and theyve all been great quality, the bare roots are on pre order right now and they havent shipped a few things out yet like stewartia and japanese hornbeam. im not sure what you ordered but his etsy page seems a lot more active than the website
Ty I really apreciate it . I ordered zelkova serrata barroot to use for rootstock. Figured might have been somthing I missed or ovefthinking . I'll contact their etsy and keep you posted if like. Hope was ok post and ask .

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5/6
He or she did respond tonight and apologized they had gotten behind on emails and I said bo worries just glad everything is ok. Can't wait they said my oder will ship out this week and so excited see how it arrives . Hoping to use it to learn to graft zelkova serrata "goshiki " onto the zelkova serrata rootstock and learn how to do it . Hoping once able to graft I can learn better ways of air layering with that or those grafts growing out more material to use as bonsai . Super excited

hardtimes

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
He or she did respond tonight and apologized they had gotten behind on emails and I said bo worries just glad everything is ok. Can't wait they said my oder will ship out this week and so excited see how it arrives . Hoping to use it to learn to graft zelkova serrata "goshiki " onto the zelkova serrata rootstock and learn how to do it . Hoping once able to graft I can learn better ways of air layering with that or those grafts growing out more material to use as bonsai . Super excited
that makes sense, they seem to be rapidly growing. theyre a favorite of mine since theyre so close that shipping only takes a day or so. they shipped an order of mine today with zelkova and stewartia but no japanese hornbeam yet. i hope they stay fine on their way to you, they are well packed from what i remember they should be ok

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5/6
that makes sense, they seem to be rapidly growing. theyre a favorite of mine since theyre so close that shipping only takes a day or so. they shipped an order of mine today with zelkova and stewartia but no japanese hornbeam yet. i hope they stay fine on their way to you, they are well packed from what i remember they should be ok
thats awesome , yea and their pricing is amazing too. ill keep ya posted if like . i was just wondering if they would hold til spring or ship before spring since dormant (which they said they would) .

Top Bottom