Advice on selling collection due to relocation

cbrshadow23

Shohin
Reaction score
My family is relocating from northern california (San Francisco Bay Area) to Chicago and I've decided to sell most of my collection. I'm wondering what the best way to sell trees is. I have several very large Bougainvillea's that I collected, lots of collected Coast Redwoods, and many other species. They're too big to ship (more than I want to deal with anyway) so it would need to be local pickup. What's the best way to advertise? I imagine I'll have to find the right person who is into big bonsai trees, but luckily bonsai is quite popular in this area.
I had an instructor from a local club estimate prices for me, but that assumes I find a buyer in the market. I'd happily take less than what he quoted since I'll be moving in early summer.
What do you guys recommend for advertising trees?

There's a Bonsai Practitioner here in my area and he posted in Facebook Market about his bonsai trees.
I went there and told me he is retiring and going back to his country.
He sold me some of his good collection for a good price, which is nice.
So my suggestion is, aside from the help you will get from your club, post it in the internet, FACEBOOK, OFFERUP and so forth, people will contact you on those kind of stuff.

Thanks
Chris

I’d love to have a collected coast redwood but I’m on the other side of the country.. 😩

There is a FB group that is a tree selling group that is local pickup only sales. You could try that or the regular bonsai auction pages, just be sure to put pickup only in your posting. You could also post them in the sales forum here on Bnut, there may be someone in your area or willing to drive to get them.

My family is relocating from northern california (San Francisco Bay Area) to Chicago and I've decided to sell most of my collection. I'm wondering what the best way to sell trees is. I have several very large Bougainvillea's that I collected, lots of collected Coast Redwoods, and many other species. They're too big to ship (more than I want to deal with anyway) so it would need to be local pickup. What's the best way to advertise? I imagine I'll have to find the right person who is into big bonsai trees, but luckily bonsai is quite popular in this area.
I had an instructor from a local club estimate prices for me, but that assumes I find a buyer in the market. I'd happily take less than what he quoted since I'll be moving in early summer.
What do you guys recommend for advertising trees?
Do you have a local club? Might be worth a call to the nearest one and tell them your situation. You could join any upcoming sales/auctions they migh have scheduled, or they might be able to pass the word to members.

This one meets in Union City.

Back
Top Bottom