Acer Palmatum Repot

Mellow Mullet

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
I started this small maple from seeds that I plucked off a tree growing by the church that I attend. It is two years old. Last spring I planted transferred it into the terracotta pot from the tray it was sowed in and it exploded and grew to three feet or more. I decided today that I would check out the roots.

DSC02540-1.jpg

DSC02541-1.jpg

Nice roots with a decent radial spread.
DSC02542-1.jpg

DSC02543-1.jpg

Mellow Mullet

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
After cleaning the roots up, I screwed it to a cutting board that I got at the dollar store. When starting with a tree this small it helps to drill a pilot hole and use a small screw to keep from splitting the trunk. I then used the same screws to arrange the roots in a more radial pattern.

DSC02544-1.jpg

DSC02545-1.jpg

DSC02546-1.jpg

namnhi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I like the trunk movement and the roots on this one. Internodes are quite close and lots of bud in the lower trunk.

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks! I think that you are the first to notice, I have used it for quite sometime.

I laughed about it when I first saw it. But it reminded me of my old lady's C-section....so the less said the better!!! I scolded the doctor, " You brought me in here for THIS?!?!

:eek::eek::D:D:D:D:D:D:D

JoeR

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I love using oil pans! They're big, sturdy, a good shape, and cheap! I actually worked on a very similar project today; a small A. palmatum that was put through a CD last spring. I screwed it to a board and put it in a terra cotta pot I had lying around- I also love TC because they keep the roots cooler in the summer.

Top Bottom