8th U.S. National Bonsai Exhibition, Rochester, NY, USA, September 9-10, 2023

Japonicus

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
The way I read that was they weren't selling any 1 day passes until August 1st. Availability of one day passes was subject to space left after weekend passes had been sold before August 1st.
Thanks.
I can buy Sunday only tickets, but not Saturday yet.
Then I have to drive back up to NY in October :rolleyes:

mwkohler

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Saturday is probably the more popular day overall.

The worst part about that drive isn't NY, it's all the time in PA

Sansokuu

Chumono
Reaction score
It appears that Saturday only tickets will not be available until August 1st.
I guess the pre-sale allotment, for the one day has sold out?
I suppose then that if I wanted to secure a ticket for Saturday, that I would have to
purchase the weekend pass?
They never had Saturday one day tickets, as someone else mentioned it must depend on how many weekend passes have been sold for them to determine the number of saturday passes to sell. Nao might be doing a Sunday sale so might not be the worst idea to pay an extra $25 for a possible saving of a whole lot more 😂

Japonicus

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
They never had Saturday one day tickets
Ok, I just saw the slot for each day, just that Saturday wasn't available yet.
Thought maybe I'd missed the early boat, for then.
I got our tickets, and the last room at the sponsored Hilton.
Then we go back to Hudson Valley in the Fall.
If I don't get any trees this trip, we're going to Bellingham (NEB) October
plus Tarrytown and Sleepy Hollow as well. Hoping with all the rains the NE
has got this Summer, that Autumn will be spectacular this year.

Sansokuu

Chumono
Reaction score
Hoping with all the rains the NE
has got this Summer, that Autumn will be spectacular this year.
When does fall color show up? I am guessing late October, like here in Oregon? I would love to see the east coast in the fall. I told myself if I ever did I might fall in love and not want to come back to the west coast. 😂

Sansokuu

Chumono
Reaction score
Any cream or dark blue ovals in about 12.5”/12.75”? Keeping an eye out for something for my arakawa - I love his work!
I asked Nao and he gestured at the pot he was working on at the moment. 😆 He says he will have a few pot styles in that size, and in those colors, but he is literally bringing just a couple of each design so might have to hustle over to the table first thing Saturday, it might be just one of each.

vp999

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
When does fall color show up? I am guessing late October, like here in Oregon? I would love to see the east coast in the fall. I told myself if I ever did I might fall in love and not want to come back to the west coast. 😂
Late October/November on most years.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
I asked Nao and he gestured at the pot he was working on at the moment. 😆 He says he will have a few pot styles in that size, and in those colors, but he is literally bringing just a couple of each design so might have to hustle over to the table first thing Saturday, it might be just one of each.

Wonderful! Good to know.

mwkohler

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Late October/November on most years.
Depends on where you go. The further north the sooner the color arrives. Mid September starts. By November the leaves are gone from Central New York

Japonicus

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
When does fall color show up?
Depends on where you go.
NY gets 2 months enjoying Sept - Oct into Nov . NE coastal Mid Oct, with the more mountanous regions early Oct.
Screenshot_20230723_214239_Chrome.jpg
Regardless of peak foliage, never miss an opportunity to visit the falls in Watkins Glen, NY
Guaranteed to cool off a hot day and very photogenic.

Ugo

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5A
Hi guys!

Ill be there for the whole weekend, along with other students and instructors from the Andolfo Bonsaï Academy.
Rochester NY is about a 4hrs drive from my place so I already got my tickets and Hotel is booked!
Never been to a Bonsaï show before so
It will defenately worth the drive from Qc, Canada! See you there in September!

Ugo

mj_barb

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Few question for those who have vendored 2 day events:
Do you have all your material out at the beginning? Or do you have some extra stock that you bring out?

Would you hold on to a tree someone purchased to the end of the day Saturday or Sunday? I’m checking out Sunday morning and would rather skip the event Sunday than leave trees in my (probably hot) car.

Sansokuu

Chumono
Reaction score
Few question for those who have vendored 2 day events:
Do you have all your material out at the beginning? Or do you have some extra stock that you bring out?

Would you hold on to a tree someone purchased to the end of the day Saturday or Sunday? I’m checking out Sunday morning and would rather skip the event Sunday than leave trees in my (probably hot) car.
We stock as we go, not everything can fit most times but PBE was so busy by end of day saturday we had an empty table and what was left was spread out on our tables. So for us, we likely will not have new stock on Sunday. I would assume for an event like Nationals there might not be much restock on the Sunday but I can’t speak for every seller. I also believe they have a holding area for trees, too much liability to have people carry around their purchases. I hope they will hold pots too. 😂

mwkohler

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Is it possable to do that? I cant find a hotel for that weekend and I'm getting desperate.
How far away are you searching and willing to stay? Even as far out as Canadaiguia is easily reasonably close.

mj_barb

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
We stock as we go, not everything can fit most times but PBE was so busy by end of day saturday we had an empty table and what was left was spread out on our tables. So for us, we likely will not have new stock on Sunday. I would assume for an event like Nationals there might not be much restock on the Sunday but I can’t speak for every seller. I also believe they have a holding area for trees, too much liability to have people carry around their purchases. I hope they will hold pots too. 😂
Awesome! Thanks for the info, I’ll definitely be stopping by your table!

Sansokuu

Chumono
Reaction score
Is it possable to do that? I cant find a hotel for that weekend and I'm getting desperate.
Have you tried airbnbs? I thought the rates were comparable, and some have multiple rooms so you can split with others. Otherwise i thought the hotels closer to downtown rochester were reasonable too.

Top Bottom