8th U.S. National Bonsai Exhibition, Rochester, NY, USA, September 9-10, 2023

Is the show a mix of experience to visit? Would a novice to the hobby be in the way?
We all stand in a circle in a field with robes on and chant , and perform several incantations in front of Lord Ulmus who looms over us… it’s the god of Bonsai here’s a photo
19538F1D-9BEE-4D43-B3D6-11683AB551F3.jpeg
Then we embark to a secret location where Bonsai trees are on display, you can only get in though unless you make the secret handshake , or if someone you know can vouch for you before you’re let in.

Last edited:
We all stand in a circle in a field with robes on and chant , and perform several incantations in front of Lord Ulmus who looms over us… it’s the god or Bonsai here’s a photo
View attachment 498498
Then we embark to a secret location where Bonsai trees are on display, you can only get in though unless you make the secret handshake , or if someone you know can vouch for you before you’re let in.
...and if you do a good job getting paddled.

I'm close by, so it's an easy show to visit. I understand it sells out. I just didn't want to take a ticket up that should go to someone that doesn't have a small collection of baby bonsai.

We all stand in a circle in a field with robes on and chant , and perform several incantations in front of Lord Ulmus who looms over us… it’s the god of Bonsai here’s a photo
View attachment 498498
Is that a real tree? That's hilarious!!!

I'm close by, so it's an easy show to visit. I understand it sells out. I just didn't want to take a ticket up that should go to someone that doesn't have a small collection of baby bonsai.
In all seriousness, it’s an amazing community of all people from different walks of life whom share a common passion. And those who aspire to have their trees, pots , stands etc in that show one day if they already aren’t. And if anything will cannonball you into the void, a good void though.

We’ll be there with my painted pots and misc merch, and Nao’s assortment of glazed and unglazed. If you haven’t seen his instagram lately you should take a sneak peek. :) Hopefully our pottery makes it there in one piece. 😅

Who will be exhibiting a tree? So far seems like we won’t have much West Coast rep without Ryan Neil’s covered wagon service.

I’m not sure. Rumor is they don’t have a driver for the truck. If they don’t have a driver I’m not sure how they would attend unless they shipped stuff in.

That would be a difficult problem - here’s to hoping, seems like that service moves trees all over.

They are, just not attending the show because of a scheduling conflict.
They are offering the service? Or not offering or attending the show Because of a scheduling conflict?

They are offering the service? Or not offering or attending the show Because of a scheduling conflict?
They are still offering the covered wagon service but won’t be attending the show because of a scheduling conflict. Sorry for that confusion! 😅

That would be a difficult problem - here’s to hoping, seems like that service moves trees all over.
Seems like none of the local/west coast bonsai pros want to offer the service either, either unable to leave their gardens for extended periods of time, or unwilling to do the work/and deal with the liability, or scheduling conflicts.

Back
Top Bottom