2016 US National Bonsai Exhibition

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I always felt the same way. I decided I had to bite the bullet and attend this year. If you keep putting it off til the next one, some day there might not be a next one
Amen to that!

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Curious about how many of you are going to the banquet?
I figured most people already know people and I wouldnt have anyone I knew to sit with.
I dont like the awkwardness of feeling like a 3rd wheel so I didnt get tickets.
My wife and I are going to the banquet. I think you know what I look like and you are more than welcome to sit with us if you wish. I suspect that probably a bunch of us B-nutters may be sitting together if seats are not assigned. The idea of having our name tags tagged with a green dot so we can identify each other may lead to a similar decision to dine with each other. It beats standing up and shouting insults accros a crowed room.

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
My wife and I are going to the banquet. I think you know what I look like and you are more than welcome to sit with us if you wish. I suspect that probably a bunch of us B-nutters may be sitting together if seats are not assigned. The idea of having our name tags tagged with a green dot so we can identify each other may lead to a similar decision to dine with each other. It beats standing up and shouting insults accros a crowed room.
I believe there will be a way to request seating assignments at check in.

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
I believe there will be a way to request seating assignments at check in.
That is good news. I hope we can find out more about that before the event.

How many of you are bringing your significant other? I go no where without the wife, she enjoys the travel and new places and kind of hold the reins in on my spending, which actually she does not need to do. I don't just go out and spend money without a nod from her anyway. I just enjoy having her around.

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
No wife for me. She hates bonsai!

Bill should have sent you an email with all the low-down. He included a layout of the exhibition area, the vendor area, maps to the venue, hotel, and banquet location.

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
That is good news. I hope we can find out more about that before the event.

How many of you are bringing your significant other? I go no where without the wife, she enjoys the travel and new places and kind of hold the reins in on my spending, which actually she does not need to do. I don't just go out and spend money without a nod from her anyway. I just enjoy having her around.

My husband likes my trees and he thinks they are interesting and hes been overall supportive of my interest. He likes my Venus fly traps the best though because the kill bugs and eat them.

He may actually think Im a bit nuts but wont say it. However, he isn't really interested in the whole bonsai show thing. He would much rather go fishing. He did go with me to a small local show held at the closest thing we have to a bonsai nursery and found it interesting for an hour or so. I don't think he would be able to tolerate a whole weekend.

I decided 3 years ago that if I wanted to see and experience bonsai at that level, I had to do it myself.

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I had been planning to go to this show for a while and unfortunately it came down to going to this show for the weekend or doing something else a few weeks after. It was one or the other and the show lost out. I would have enjoyed meeting some fellow Bnutters.

Best of luck to all of you on your entries. Hope you all have a great time.

Reaction score
Will not be able to attend, but my tree is going and it's display. So, that's cool...

Also, Bjorn Bjorholm has offered to sell some of my Scrolls at his vendor table. I hear he also is going to have some wicked trees up for sale... so, stop by and check them out.

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I can get you a photo pass for just a mere $50. See me in the parking lot and I'll expedite it for you.
Isn't that about how much the book will be with professional photos?

Top Bottom