Thornless BRT is blooming

Beautiful!

Do you know if it's blooming for any reason? I've had a well developed BRT for several years (I think you've commented on the thread) and it's never bloomed.

Beautiful!

Do you know if it's blooming for any reason? I've had a well developed BRT for several years (I think you've commented on the thread) and it's never bloomed.
They do take a long time to bloom.
But...
The thornless cultivar blooms more often!
Anyway, this is an old BRT.

They do take a long time to bloom.
But...
The thornless cultivar blooms more often!
Anyway, this is an old BRT.

Dont suppose you can send me a cutting or spare a seed of the thornless cultivar variety BRT
It's Springtime here in New Zealand as well

Dont suppose you can send me a cutting or spare a seed of the thornless cultivar variety BRT
It's Springtime here in New Zealand as well

Many times I have tried to send seeds from Brazil.
Most were destroyed by the Brazilian mail, as BRTs are protected here.
A bunch arrived to @Carol 83 after...TWO YEARS! They have sprouted and are doing ok apparently.
@leatherback was lucky enough to be here in São Paulo at Springtime and took a very nice rooted thornless to Germany.
Unfortunately now it is almost impossible to send them by mail, leading to wasted efforts and frustration. I am sorry...

But... I know for a fact that you have a very nice thornless BRT at home, I was there with you when you purchased it, remember?
Yes, when transport for personal use was still allowed. Sad they closed that little gap too.

And a little birdie told me it blooms...
Once so far. I am not sure how to trigger flowering :(

Hi Clicio,
Very nice flowering bonsai you have. I truly love this kind of flower. Thanks for sharing.
I have a thorn BRT bonsai to which I am patiently looking forward to its flowers!!
I have some 2 years old Monkeypod seedlings. I hope I can see them in flowers years to come.!
Thụ Thoại

Hi Clicio,
Very nice flowering bonsai you have. I truly love this kind of flower. Thanks for sharing.
I have a thorn BRT bonsai to which I am patiently looking forward to its flowers!!
I have some 2 years old Monkeypod seedlings. I hope I can see them in flowers years to come.!
Thụ Thoại
Hello @bonhe ,

Yes, I am sure they will flower eventually, be patient and you'll be rewarded !

One of my faithful BRT, once again, will bloom.
Wait for the updates in the next days.

View attachment 506305
Mine has not bloomed yet. I have only had it for 3 years and its probably only a 5 - 6 year old tree tho.

How long does it usually take for a BRT to flower? Im not sure if mine was from seed or cutting, I am going to guess the latter.
20230825_185408.jpg

My 2 biggest trees about 24 inches, trunk width about 2.75 inches, (if i had let them run they would probably be about 3 feet) and they are 27 years old and have not bloomed yet.
They spend all summer outdoors in an airy greenhouse and sometime just outside on a bench from about end of May to beginning of Sept depending on temps. Mid 90's to 102 deg in the greenhouse at times. I would love to see it bloom as long as it won't weaken the branch.
I know the age because I grew them from 3" match stick size cuttings in 1996.
Spent a few years as a cutting before putting it in a Bonsai pot.
One of these days I'll take some new pictures..
This is an old photo of the oldest from 2004 at 8 years old.
BRTBig.jpg

Back
Top Bottom