Show your best Valentine’s gifts for your Significant Other

onlyrey

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
If you are one of those of with not a shred of greed and a big giving heart willing to make your significant other without expecting nothing in return, then THIS is your thread.

Please post here if you gave your significant other a beautiful gift that won’t go to waste.

I am posting the gift I gave my Wife for this Valentine’s day.

I found these beautiful variegated flowers azalea at a publix this past week and immediately though of my Wife and how lucky she is to have me find these gifts for her . My wife doesn’t like plants very much, but I was sure this exotic plant would make her very happy. I only asked of her to let me take of her beautiful plant.

Attachments

• E33233EB-D073-4AD5-A01D-AC18C7FEFB88.jpeg
    E33233EB-D073-4AD5-A01D-AC18C7FEFB88.jpeg
    192.1 KB · Views: 27
I found these beautiful variegated flowers azalea at a publix this past week and immediately though of my Wife and how lucky she is to have me find these gifts for her . My wife doesn’t like plants very much, but I was sure this exotic plant would make her very happy. I only asked of her to let me take of her beautiful plant.
That is a gorgeous flower. I can't even get my wife cut flowers. I can buy them for my mom and my wife is OK with that.

We don’t have much...

But that is truly fine, because we put very little value in “things”...

Materials of pursuit, however, we do provide.. as any “monetary input” would eventually translate to these things, anyways. ... or worse, NOT these things. 🤣

I bought Andrea (“Muh” as she’s known ‘round the house :) ) a pack of acrylic paints that she needed. And another installment in a Piers Anthony Series that I won through an E-bay auction.

She gave me a certain monetary amount she had been saving to put towards a “fancy seedling”..

I also cooked... I’m alright 🤣

We don't celebrate it. Had it not been for my neighbor who is like a mom to me wishing me a Happy Valentine's Day. I wouldn't have known...totally forgot. I'm all about not needing a Hallmark calendar date to woo me. I think we mutually should show we care through out the year. Not just because we are told too. I've not been shopping since my MIL passed from covid right before Christmas. So I've not seen them pushing it down our throats.

My Powderpuff bloomed a nice full flush for Valentine's Day. So in a way...I thought that was nice. My husband said he talked to the tree to be cooperative. Lol

If you are one of those of with not a shred of greed and a big giving heart willing to make your significant other without expecting nothing in return, then THIS is your thread.

Please post here if you gave your significant other a beautiful gift that won’t go to waste.

I just got your post...with "nothing" shared! Bawahahahaha!

After 40 years together we rarely do the flowers/chocolate thing. A simple remembrance of the day or time spent together is sufficient. This year we did swing by Plant City and picked up 7 bald cypress for a forest we are going to create together.

I gained massive points last week though when I insisted she buy one of the new Broncos, even though her convertible was still fairly new (we are keeping it as our weekend car.)

I got my wife diamond earrings and I grilled wagyu ribeyes, lobster tail, asparagus and mushrooms. She doesn’t ask...I just do it. She says absolutely nothing to me about time or money I spend on concerts or my hobbies and has planned our vacations to Asheville to coincide with the Carolina Bonsai Expo the last few years. She’s pretty damn awesome..plus she hooked me up with a couple of 18 year olds..

Attachments

• 6F6B6B95-F565-4A71-8CE9-C783716AE2AE.jpeg
    6F6B6B95-F565-4A71-8CE9-C783716AE2AE.jpeg
    192.9 KB · Views: 13
I got my wife diamond earrings and I grilled wagyu ribeyes, lobster tail, asparagus and mushrooms. She doesn’t ask...I just do it. She says absolutely nothing to me about time or money I spend on concerts or my hobbies and has planned our vacations to Asheville to coincide with the Carolina Bonsai Expo the last few years. She’s pretty damn awesome..plus she hooked me up with a couple of 18 year olds..
Did she pick out the Oban?? Awesome score.

She is a keeper! A love for fine spirits is one of my top 2 "addictions."

That Macallan is a great one. I finished a bottle far too quickly.

When I read this I thought you had 18 year old twins, lol. Didn't pay attention to the picture.

Back
Top Bottom