My display at The Winter Silhouette Bonsai Show 2023

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Love it. I saw some pics on FB, and wondered who's pine that was. Such a great pot pairing. And a really good 3 point. Both trees are very interesting, and so well developed. Kudos Arjun!

arjun

Yamadori
Reaction score
Love it. I saw some pics on FB, and wondered who's pine that was. Such a great pot pairing. And a really good 3 point. Both trees are very interesting, and so well developed. Kudos Arjun!
Thanks 😊

The pot for the pine is made by Tomas Gramming. And pot for the Korean hornbeam is made by Me and Raimondi.

BrightsideB

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Thanks 😊

The pot for the pine is made by Tomas Gramming. And pot for the Korean hornbeam is made by Me and Raimondi.
It was excellent. I spent a lot of time looking at the display. Really loved how everything worked together! A lot of fine detail in the artistry and craftsmanship!

Millard B.

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
I attended the Show both days I am humbled by your talent. Lots of great trees and Lots of good deals! I am keeping the first weekend of Dec open in 2024.

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Nice display Arjun. The hornbeam pot is eye-catching and really adds an element of interest to the composition.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I'm sorry I missed this when it was first posted.

The JWP may have been my favorite tree in the show. The balanced strength, uniformity, layered design... I could look at it for days.

The pot on the hornbeam was almost too nice. If I had a single criticism for this display it was this - there was not enough difference in size/emphasis between the JWP and the hornbeam. If the JWP was a little larger... or the hornbeam a little smaller... it would have been perfect. However perfection is a goal, often striven for, rarely achieved. I am glad that bonsai at this level are brought to the show.

arjun

Yamadori
Reaction score
I'm sorry I missed this when it was first posted.

The JWP may have been my favorite tree in the show. The balanced strength, uniformity, layered design... I could look at it for days.

The pot on the hornbeam was almost too nice. If I had a single criticism for this display it was this - there was not enough difference in size/emphasis between the JWP and the hornbeam. If the JWP was a little larger... or the hornbeam a little smaller... it would have been perfect. However perfection is a goal, often striven for, rarely achieved. I am glad that bonsai at this level are brought to the show.
Thanks! :)
I agree with you on the size variance being an issue. I am going to redo this display in our Atlanta spring show and select a smaller deciduous tree after repot in a show pot.

shimbrypaku

Shohin
Reaction score
Do you have any advice or suggestions on keeping white pine in your Zone?
I have one seedling that is not going to make the next spring.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Top Bottom