Amateur Winter Display

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I think the obscene trunk is too obvious and therefore distracting. It's an oddity that make it hard to take the rest of the tree seriously. It is un-tree-like.

Haha yeah, not sure what to do with that. Looks like where a 4th trunk was tried and then died off. I don't know if the better option would be to try another graft or maybe try to hollow it out a bit to use as a fairy tale type feature the guys in Europe seem to like.

Warpig

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Would, air layering all three trucks off and starting 3 trees, be out of the question?

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Would, air layering all three trucks off and starting 3 trees, be out of the question?
Always a viable option, although 3 tree clumps are not all that common, so working with one when you can find them is always preferred, unless there is a fatal flaw.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Always a viable option, although 3 tree clumps are not all that common, so working with one when you can find them is always preferred, unless there is a fatal flaw.

Plus, I have a bunch of tridents prebonsai already. More air layers coming this year off of one I started ground growing.

Top Bottom