Collected Hawthorn History

Amazing tree and a truly brilliant thread. I just collected 3 large Hawthorns in the last few weeks so hoping some I implement some of the techniques in the coming years.

Fantastic looking Hawthorne!!! JOb well done. I hope someone with hawthorne experience can explain the best way to get them to flower. Ive been working with hawthorne for a long time and wearing out waiting!! YEs keep t he roots undisturbed longer. YEs let new growth grow till nearly hardened off and then prune back .Full sun. But what else? We need the fine details!! (my avatar of a Washington Hawthorne) LOL

Trees like this incentivize me to keep working through the seemingly incessant bumps in the bonsai road. Really nice tree.

The bastard still refuses to flower huh.. I think he could do it just fine, but is a evil tree and wont let you win xD

Very nice Brian. What model is that again? Is it collected?

Talk about a harbinger of spring... and I've got 6 inches of frozen slush in my yard, so I really needed this update! The right side of the canopy is filling in nicely :) .

ps... I miss seeing one of these on my bench...

Agreed. Nice to see signs of spring. She peaked out for a brief second about a week ago and now old man winter (hopefully in his last gasps) has just taken a big dump on me.image.jpg

Well, I didn’t end up repotting it last year, but did a deep soji instead. This year, the roots were a solid mass and it took a while to break it down. Probably removed 3/4 and got it situated back in the same pot.
View attachment 532248View attachment 532249View attachment 532251View attachment 532250View attachment 532252
I like you repotting table Brian. Unique and very useable it looks like. Is there a garbage can under the hole?
PS: what does soji mean?

Back
Top Bottom