Bonsai on the Bayou Houston, TX April 11-14, 2019

@markyscott, I have a question about registration. The form says full registration gets you access to all seminars, demos and workshops, but it doesn’t mention artist spotlights or exhibit critiques. Are those also included with full registration?

Hi PiñonJ. The critiques and artist spotlights are limited attendance. You have to register for them like attending the workshops. You can observe the workshops as part of your full registration. Here are the prices. Hope to see you there. Are you going to exhibit a tree?

47FB7B3F-74D8-4144-9BC9-5C6FF40EEF8D.jpeg

Hi PiñonJ. The critiques and artist spotlights are limited attendance. You have to register for them like attending the workshops. You can observe the workshops as part of your full registration. Here are the prices. Hope to see you there. Are you going to exhibit a tree?

View attachment 222130
I don’t have anything ready to exhibit yet. Maybe next time! At this point, about 80% likelihood I’ll be there and growing more likely every day. Hope to meet you if I do go. I’ll look out for you!

I don’t have anything ready to exhibit yet. Maybe next time! At this point, about 80% likelihood I’ll be there and growing more likely every day. Hope to meet you if I do go. I’ll look out for you!

Excellent. Looking forward to meeting you as well. I’m hoping for a good turnout from the bnut community.

S

New to bonsai? If you are less than 10 years to the art, Bonsai on the Bayou has something special for you. Joshua Roth has partnered with ABS to sponsor the Joshua Roth New Talent Contest. Not only are these contests great fun, the winner will receive a $1000 scholarship to continue their bonsai training AND a cash award of $500!! Second place finisher will receive a $500 gift certificate from Joshua Roth AND a $500 check. Do not miss this opportunity to exhibit your bonsai skills, win valuable awards and secure bragging rights for you and your club. Find all the details on the link and enter today!

http://houstonbonsaisociety.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/JR-New-Talent-Contest.pdf

Does a contestant need to be a member of a club to enter the Joshua Roth talent competition?

Does a contestant need to be a member of a club to enter the Joshua Roth talent competition?

Any person living in North America is eligible, providing he or she has been involved with the art of bonsai for fewer than 10 years.

Thank you. I see you are from Houston. I am also in this area.

I hope you consider joining the Houston Bonsai Society. We’re one of the largest clubs in the country and very active, sponsoring several events a month. Great organization - we meet the first Saturday of the month at 9am at the Trini-Mendenhall Community Center. The club also sponsors study groups around the city the second Saturday of the month.

I hope you consider joining the Houston Bonsai Society. We’re one of the largest clubs in the country and very active, sponsoring several events a month. Great organization - we meet the first Saturday of the month at 9am at the Trini-Mendenhall Community Center. The club also sponsors study groups around the city the second Saturday of the month.
Scott,
The new meeting location and time must have been changed recently? I remember it used to be in Hermann park and on Wednesday nights which is also impossible for me to join. Now that the location is closer to Katy and on Saturday mornings... will see if I could work the schedule out with the Missus.

This event is getting closer. Can't wait till it is here.

Scott,
The new meeting location and time must have been changed recently? I remember it used to be in Hermann park and on Wednesday nights which is also impossible for me to join. Now that the location is closer to Katy and on Saturday mornings... will see if I could work the schedule out with the Missus.

This event is getting closer. Can't wait till it is here.

Yes - our first meeting at the new place was this month. It is a permanent change. Make sure to follow the Facebook page for all the events the club sponsors.

S

I plan on becoming a member and attending next months meeting, I was wondering if the study groups held at timeless trees are for HBS members only?

I plan on becoming a member and attending next months meeting, I was wondering if the study groups held at timeless trees are for HBS members only?

All club sponsored events are free and open to the public. Just stop in and make yourself known. Typically, very little hazing associated with joining the study group (kidding).

Really bummed I'm unable to participate in any of the workshops. Unexpected financial situation hit my budget hard last month. Still planning on visiting and checking out all the wonderful trees and hard work everyone put into this show. Really proud to be a part of such a great community!

Really bummed I'm unable to participate in any of the workshops. Unexpected financial situation hit my budget hard last month. Still planning on visiting and checking out all the wonderful trees and hard work everyone put into this show. Really proud to be a part of such a great community!

Sorry to hear that. There is a lot of free content though - be sure to stop in at one of the many seminars. They’ll be going on all the time and admission to them is included with your registration. And be sure and stop by to say howdy! I’ll be the tall guy running around like a chicken with his head cut off. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom