AUCTION Kishu Juniper

_#1_

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
English is my second language. And swear words are some of the first words I learned. I use them almost my entire life to convey my feelings and emotion. Got used to it, and not intended to denigrate other's religious belief.

And I'm an atheist.

I say "god dammit" a lot if I dropped something or made a mistake. It's what I learned to say. But not to disrespect other's religious belief. Just conveying my emotion. Some people will get offended by that but it's not intentional. You can't please everyone.

@Njyamadori you have a right to question anybody who questions you about how you interact and behave. For someone to question you and say's you can't question back is in itself immature. This have nothing to do with age.

BTW, this is the BNut house 🍄 ;)😷

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
@Njyamadori - don't worry, you are not on my ignore list. I appreciate those who question authority. I enjoy when a "youngster" has the cajones to question me.

In fact @Cadillactaste , our friend Darlene is not on my ignore list either. I would never swear in her house. I'm an atheist, but my sister in law is an ordained Lutheran minister (Grace Evangelical synod, Missouri synod still doesn't ordain women). I learned long ago to "share space" with those more religiously inclined. My sister in law introduced me to her bishop as "my brother in law, Leo the Apostate". And we laughed. It is part of our shared relationship, we have wonderful theological arguments. But this is a bonsai forum. I won't be an "apostate" here.

But this is a public forum, one should recognize that this forum does not belong to any one person, it works because there are very few rules. The lack of rules means there are occasional ruffled feathers. Its best to ignore slights.

One of the biggest problems with the forum format, the typed word does not convey body language nor tone of voice. It is easy to misinterpret intent or tone from a typed message. It is much better to assume the other meant no insult or harm. Makes conversation easier.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
@Njyamadori - don't worry, you are not on my ignore list. I appreciate those who question authority. I enjoy when a "youngster" has the cajones to question me.

In fact @Cadillactaste , our friend Darlene is not on my ignore list either. I would never swear in her house. I'm an atheist, but my sister in law is an ordained Lutheran minister (Grace Evangelical synod, Missouri synod still doesn't ordain women). I learned long ago to "share space" with those more religiously inclined. My sister in law introduced me to her bishop as "my brother in law, Leo the Apostate". And we laughed. It is part of our shared relationship, we have wonderful theological arguments. But this is a bonsai forum. I won't be an "apostate" here.

But this is a public forum, one should recognize that this forum does not belong to any one person, it works because there are very few rules. The lack of rules means there are occasional ruffled feathers. Its best to ignore slights.

One of the biggest problems with the forum format, the typed word does not convey body language nor tone of voice. It is easy to misinterpret intent or tone from a typed message. It is much better to assume the other meant no insult or harm. Makes conversation easier.
I do get that...I appreciate that my friend that you would show me respect in my home.

I do agree we can't read tone on text. I also believe some personalities just don't mesh. For that...I'm grateful for ignore. Bonsai is a wonderful hobby...just as there are many styles, as well as species for ones to choose and pick. I do bonsai for my peace...and enjoyment. I've really changed how I spend my online time. I've totally removed myself from Facebook. I've not deleted my account...because the group I helped grow, has tons of my resource information posted there to help early beginners and even a seasoned fella. Sources that would even direct one back to this forum for sound guidance by ones who have shared resources. If I remove myself completely from Facebook. Those go away...But...I've a lot going on in my life right now...that I can't control. Things that are within my control...I am controlling to find peace...some sort of peace. That...is where I am right now...on my own journey.

Woocash

Omono
Reaction score
It was when we were asked to explain ourselves that others he knows...say it who are religious. That I had my limit... I overlook swearing all the time. I have never taken to a child ask me to explain my stance.

I have put ones who in the past swore more than their fare share in my ignore. I don't mind overlooking it. But I also don't prefer to see it 24/7. That's my loss...their gain. 😉🙃
To be fair, Penumbra was the one who was actually quoted. Don‘t care if I’m on ignore or will be or what, just thought you should be aware that you flipped your lid at a child asking an innocent question which wasn’t even asked to you.

I realise the hypocrisy in getting involved....

How can anyone, especially a child, ever hope to understand why they should be respectful of something if all they get is a “blank my way or the highway”? That is never likely to garner respect, more likely rebellion and/or resentment.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
To be fair, Penumbra was the one who was actually quoted. Don‘t care if I’m on ignore or will be or what, just thought you should be aware that you flipped your lid at a child asking an innocent question which wasn’t even asked to you.

I realise the hypocrisy in getting involved....

How can anyone, especially a child, ever hope to understand why they should be respectful of something if all they get is a “blank my way or the highway”? That is never likely to garner respect, more likely rebellion and/or resentment.
You are not on my ignore...and you are allowed your opinion... 😉

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Much obliged... 😊 As are you.
If you read my post above yours which addressed me the first time...you would see. I've changed how I do social media at large right now. I hoped that explained a bit where I am as a whole. I'm not who I was a year ago...with how I need to handle my time online.

Underdog

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It’s too bad I didn’t get this much reaction to a tree that was for auction....
I should have paid more attention... LOL
I tried to get this thread back on track once with an opening bid!
Try again with a fresh thread and tree.

Woocash

Omono
Reaction score
If you read my post above yours which addressed me the first time...you would see. I've changed how I do social media at large right now. I hoped that explained a bit where I am as a whole. I'm not who I was a year ago...with how I need to handle my time online.
Ah then you have, to coin a phrase, seen the light! I understand, having not been on any social media for over a decade (BNut aside, if it counts), how unwelcome and unhealthy a distraction it can be. We each find peace where we can.

Top Bottom