Cjr Delonix Regia

Seems a tad early since we are still in the winter days/weeks?
It is but I have to work around other things in life. This will stay in my garage for a couple weeks until things warm up.

It won’t be flowering this year. The top canopy is thinned out so the lower branches can have some sunlight. Made angle cuts on the branches for better taper.
98B89D07-FA14-4A1C-A799-A6BE26CD2895.jpeg
0E2EEBCC-2388-48CE-8E6B-E2FD1B1CD2CB.jpeg
DE68E961-CB43-4E97-83B8-26FB2C8F3BE3.jpeg
96A3C695-E1DC-4E89-9FF9-B1F024F9DBDD.jpeg

I got one two months ago, and even indoors it's growing a ton of leaves. This thread is good inspiration for the future, since it doesn't seem like I'm going to kill it

For every tree I would like to have a vision. The vision for this one is below, with a little bit better ramification. Assuming I can keep it alive and do a branch split every 2 years, 10 years to bonsai?

PhuongVy.jpg

For every tree I would like to have a vision. The vision for this one is below, with a little bit better ramification. Assuming I can keep it alive and do a branch split every 2 years, 10 years to bonsai?

View attachment 442609
Getting there. 5 ft 8” canopy in a 18” pot. No flower yet.
B6CF2032-549A-4AE6-A03C-AD08DE2DE06A.jpeg

Getting there. 5 ft 8” canopy in a 18” pot. No flower yet.
View attachment 448101
Would be awesome if you can get it to bloom uncle C. If anything now would be the time as it is summer. Do you know how long does it take for one of these to bloom... in the ground? Seems like it is still a bit premature for blooming but with the root constrained... maybe it will bloom sooner than in the ground.

Would be awesome if you can get it to bloom uncle C. If anything now would be the time as it is summer. Do you know how long does it take for one of these to bloom... in the ground? Seems like it is still a bit premature for blooming but with the root constrained... maybe it will bloom sooner than in the ground.
5 year normally in ground. This tree is 4 and in pot.

The tree underwent major mid summer pruning. 60% of the canopy was removed. Selected long branches were cut back by 3/4 of the length. One branch of the triple fork at the top was completely removed to preserve taper.
When the pruned branches back bud, they will be cut back further to the second bud from the trunk.
C307FB21-1DCE-4E97-9A78-38356FC6DBBE.jpeg

2271B504-135B-40DA-9C7F-046D561EBFCC.jpeg

I hope you can get it to bloom, but I think that the cut back is also preventing it from happening. I think it will bloom once you have it in refinement with an abundance of branches, I rarely saw one bloom while they had just a few branches, and we have them all over the island in PR. Also, the heat may help, the county that had the best blooms was in the south of the island, which is a zone 12-13 if I am not wrong.

I hope you can get it to bloom, but I think that the cut back is also preventing it from happening. I think it will bloom once you have it in refinement with an abundance of branches, I rarely saw one bloom while they had just a few branches, and we have them all over the island in PR. Also, the heat may help, the county that had the best blooms was in the south of the island, which is a zone 12-13 if I am not wrong.
You are right. It will only bloom from matured wood. If I let the branches grow it will likely bloom next year but then it will not be a bonsai with which I am happy. I am going to continue with refinement. It will bloom whenever it is ready.

How many years growth , I have a couple into the second year nows (the only just starting to sprout new leaves ) hoping for some extra growth this year.

Back
Top Bottom