Flowers 2024

I liked the grape hyacinth we found a couple weeks ago, so I add some to the flowerbed.
IMG_20240428_153531_469.jpg
These ones are in the backyard, though, in the back corner of the shady spot we're always trying to get grass to grow in. I thought my kids would appreciate some color in their play area.

Duranta, a rare find since they are not at all hardy here. When I saw it, I knew I had to buy it.View attachment 543207View attachment 543208
Nice! I picked one of those up last year. :) Beautifully stunning in person. Round these parts we call 'em golden dewdrop, for some strange reason since there's no golden or dew drops. 🤣

1714354630787.png

Nice! I picked one of those up last year. :) Beautifully stunning in person. Round these parts we call 'em golden dewdrop, for some strange reason since there's no golden or dew drops. 🤣

View attachment 543240
I guess you bring it inside for the winter? It's like zone 10-11.

I guess you bring it inside for the winter? It's like zone 10-11.
For sure. It's a tropical. I repotted it this winter because it was so root bound (boredom) water would pool up before draining, put it in the grow tent for 6 weeks, and now it's out & right as rain. :) Bugs love it! I saw the 83 pink flowers you posted earlier and thought you gave up on purple. :) Glad to have you back in the purple club.

Tulips are up on my unruly hill.
1000011213.jpg

I had to add a sign because a lady has cut my daffodils the last two years. Last year my neighbor caught her and she started saying they're wild daffodils.
20240429_132034.jpg
I live in the middle of the city there is no wild just some wildflowers.

My yellow bellwort is blooming in the front yard but the shady side yard is just coming up.
20240429_132213.jpg

Walked around the next block over and talked to my neighbor about our gardens. She has a 4 foot flowering quince that I love.
20240429_104635.jpg

View attachment 543240
Duranta has golden yellow berries if you can get the flowers pollinated. Hence "golden dew drops" , berries seldom seen outside the tropics. I do not know if the berries are edible or not.

I have berries every year. Something pollinates them on the deck outside in summer. Not now, I cut them back severely last summer.
I have two, one with white edged flowers and another one with golden yellow leaves and plain lavender flowers.
Tree peony bloom two for the pic
20240430_074620.jpg

Back
Top Bottom