WTB: Satsuki Azalea

carobone

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Greetings,

I've been trying to acquire a decent Satsuki Azalea in the last few months and so far have no success. Any leads would be great. I've tried most online and local resources I know of.

Thanks in advance, Vince

Dont know what your budget is, or what you mean by "decent" but nice satsuki can be expensive. New England Bonsai Gardens has some very nice ones but they are not cheap. They might have some not pictured on their web page that might be in your price range. They are pretty busy and sometimes hard to get a hold of.

Thanks everyone for your response thus far. Hopefully I can update this thread with my new addition, whenever that time might be?

I realize that a decent Satsuki is not cheap, and am prepared, at least mentally ;)

Also here.
http://www.bonsaiwest.com

And here. With different sizes to match your budget. I believe the guy below imports them.
http://www.satsukibonsai-en.com/trees.htm

Seller 3017smith on eBay sells Brussels trees. He always has a bunch on eBay. Matt is his name and he is great guy. You can tell him what you want and he will find it.

Chris at telfarms is a great guy. Not much on his website, but you tell him what you want and he will send pics.

Don black wood is also a great seller. He recently had some monsters on eBay.

Last edited:
Dave Kreutz at http://satsukibonsai-en.com/ is an American expert on Satsukis and has satsuki nursery which he imports trees from Japan. He has the best azalea stock that I've seen in the country. Trust me, I work there occasionally. I don't know if he'll ship but it's worth getting in touch with him if you're serious

Greetings,

I have contacted everyone referenced in this thread, I think I'm making a bit of progress but no trees yet. Not looking for raw or starter material but something with a nice trunk ( around 4 inch+), nebari and movement. I know a decent tree will cost a decent sum but willing to pay to get what I'm looking for, but hopefully it will not set me back too far.

Thanks again, everyone.

Check this page at Gregory Beach, Don Blackmond (a member here) is the owner. Some nice ones!
http://gregorybeachbonsai.com/4.html
That Nikko is good. Great nebari, clean trunk, good branch placement, flowers. Very good for the money, IMO.
Hey Judy...notice that blue pot in the back-left of those pix?

That Nikko is good. Great nebari, clean trunk, good branch placement, flowers. Very good for the money, IMO.
Hey Judy...notice that blue pot in the back-left of those pix?

I didn't before, but I sure do now. DON, are you listening??? But I have to say I still love the Koyo....
Sorry for the detour carobone!

Sorry for confusion on someone else's thread, I've been looking for a new pot for a tree of mine, and Brian is helping me find one. The blue pot is very much like what we're looking for...

Sorry for confusion on someone else's thread, I've been looking for a new pot for a tree of mine, and Brian is helping me find one. The blue pot is very much like what we're looking for...

No worries, Judy...Hope you find your pot, and when you do, please share with us

Last edited:
Spoiler!

Greetings,

My search had come to a happy ending. After looking at more Satsuki than I thought I could, I decided on one and it's on its way. Will update this thread with pictures once it's on my bench.

Thanks, Vince

Greetings,

My search had come to a happy ending. After looking at more Satsuki than I thought I could, I decided on one and it's on its way. Will update this thread with pictures once it's on my bench.

Thanks, Vince

Where did you wind up purchasing the tree from?

Where did you wind up purchasing the tree from?

Eric,

What I found out that a few out-of-state nurseries cannot ship to CA due to regulations. Few others could but either either want the moon for their tree and/or not willing to provide neccessary pictures, something I find difficult to understand. Up until now, I have not had to rely on the internet as a buying source, as I am spoiled with the local resources available.

Through chance, I connect with a person on Facebook (of all places!) the tree is more refined compare to most and he's more willing to work with me, so that was it.

As promised, once I receive the tree sometime later next week, I will post its pictures.

Thanks for all the tips I received thus far.

-Vince

Back
Top Bottom