WTB Nick Lenz Pot

Deshi

Yamadori
Reaction score
I am looking for Nick Lenz pot for a larch.....about 14 inches in size.....Please PM me with any that you may have available.

Happy Growing!

Chris

58 looks..no responses.....Someone has to have a one of these.....if not maybe a decent pot for a exposed root larch.

58 looks..no responses.....Someone has to have a one of these.....if not maybe a decent pot for a exposed root larch.

No new ones coming out, so the ones we have are irreplaceable, and for some that know him they have some sentamental value.

Show us your tree.;)

basically, what bill said.
sanctuary bonsai & new england bonsai used to both feature nick's pots in their online catalogues, but it's been some time since i've seen any posted. that said, you might want to contact those vendors directly in case they have one collecting dust under a work bench or on a back shelf.
http://sanctuarybonsai.com/
http://www.nebonsai.com/mm5/merchant.mvc
considering the quality and the cachet of NL's ceramics, i was always in disbelief over how ridiculously cheap they were priced --- but, i suppose, long quiet winters allowed him to produce in something approaching volume.
that appears to have changed, however, as less containers (if any?) are being made and more enthusiasts want a little piece of nick's 'mo-jo' for their own.
I don't know nick personally, but he may yet have a shed or barn full of pots on his property. i doubt you or anyone could convince him to put one in the mail, but if you're close enough to visit (come spring) he'd probably sell you one.
otherwise. hang in there. keep an eye on the various NE nurseries, eBay and/or the 'bonsai classifieds' page on facebook. AND there may yet be a more materially helpful response to your post here.

I know that Santuary Bonsai used to carry Lenz pots, but no longer have any for sale (unless you buy one with a tree already in it). I talked to them some time ago and they said whayever Lenz pots are out there rarely change hands since they're no longer being produced. That being said, they do pop up from time to time, but you're going to have to pay for it. A while ago I located a few Lenz pots for sale, but I wasn't prepared to put down the kind of cash they were asking. I really admire his work, but I have my limits as to what I'm willing to pay.

Back
Top Bottom