c54fun

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone

c54fun

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nursery trees have almost no flare at the bottom and MASSIVE roots twisting around the topsoil. These would not work to well. Would like to go back on a cooler day and look around.

Reaction score
USDA Zone

c54fun

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Did you contact the guy on eBay? His trees have a lot of flair at the base. He has ton a ton of Bald Cypress. http://www.ebay.com/usr/sunbrightfarmstrees?_trksid=p2047675.l2559
He is the guy I bought one from a year ago. He collected it with lots of green on it in August. I would not buy from him unless he had one that was established in a tub or was collected at the correct time. I didn't know any better but do now.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
He is the guy I bought one from a year ago. He collected it with lots of green on it in August. I would not buy from him unless he had one that was established in a tub or was collected at the correct time. I didn't know any better but do now.
Thanks for the information...I agree with you...I wouldn't buy trees that were collected at that time. Sorry, didn't know. Good luck with your search! :)

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a

I have one I bought from him 3 years ago at this time of year. The tree is still alive and growing fine. Did you have problems with a tree from him?

c54fun

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have one I bought from him 3 years ago at this time of year. The tree is still alive and growing fine. Did you have problems with a tree from him?
Yes I bought one from him in August. Lots of foliage and fresh cut large roots with no other new small roots. The tree did nothing but dye. From reading its better to collect when dormant. Better chance of the tree surviving. Could have just been one of those things but I will buy one that is dug up in January or February this time. Best would be that it is already established in a tub.

I did find a guy with VERY old pond cypress and up to 20 year old bald cypress. Will be talking with him this January but still looking now.

c54fun

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Found a nice pond cypress. I know my bald cypress grows super fast. You can have branch structure in no time but I believe pond cypress grows much slower??? I'm afraid if I cut this tree back this winter that it will take a very long time to create branches.I LOVE the way my bald is growing.
13693 (Small).jpeg
13695 (Small).jpeg

c54fun

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I really wanted to buy this one but he is not ready to sell it. Maybe one day I will get a call from him. Love this tree. I'm going to start threads on the three I ended up buying.
13886 (Small).jpeg
13890 (Small).jpeg

StoneCloud

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Those are all great looking BC's!!!!! Looking forward to seeing the ones you picked up!

c54fun

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Those are all great looking BC's!!!!! Looking forward to seeing the ones you picked up!
Cant wait either. They ship out Monday. I have the medium sized dawn redwood that need lots of work. Very old pond cypress that has never been styled shipped Monday. And a bald cypress that has had work done and is currently wired also being shipped Monday. Bald has been chopped and already grown out. Lots of carving to do and plenty there to make it my own.There is plenty of time once they get here to just let them sit and maybe this winter I can start working on them.
Love the redwoods trunk.
20170825_203829.jpg

Top Bottom