Withered bougy leaves, fungus?

Hack Yeah!

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I've had this plant for 3 years or longer and it's never really grown that well. The leaves seem to grow already withered. I've searched the internet for information and haven't found anything definitive that looks like what I have. I doubt it's root rot as it's in very free draining soil. It did have some caterpillars when I brought it inside, I sprayed with Bayer and defoliated. Any guesses on the issue here or how to correct?

20201205_082756.jpg20201205_082726.jpg

One of mine did the same thing this summer. I sprayed it with Bayer too, which didn't seem to help. Then I sprayed it with an insecticide and it cleared up. I never did see any bugs on it but it's growing normally and blooming now.

Thx for the input, it is reassuring to hear yours recovered. Things that don't seem to easily go away always give me the thoughts of should this be removed in a body bag! Lol. I plan on treating it with a fungal systemic and maybe hit the trunk with some lime sulpher when i treat my deciduous trees.

If anyone else has dealt with anything similar please chime in

Pics of the underside of leaves or check it yourself. I see tiny micro white dots enlarging your pics. Thrips will shrink, crinkle and retard leaves as they puncture and suck the fluids out.

Thx for the input, it is reassuring to hear yours recovered. Things that don't seem to easily go away always give me the thoughts of should this be removed in a body bag! Lol. I plan on treating it with a fungal systemic and maybe hit the trunk with some lime sulpher when i treat my deciduous trees.

If anyone else has dealt with anything similar please chime in
Now that I think about it, I also sprayed with daconil. Besides the weird misshaped leaves it also had some ones with black rotted looking spots. Didn't know what was wrong, so threw everything at it. A few months later it looked like this. boug today.jpg

I couldn't identify anything under the leaves, do you see anything? 20201207_173045.jpg

Mine had the crinkly leaves too and weird black spots. Whatever it was, it's OK now. black spot.jpg

Back
Top Bottom