Winter 2023 Flu season

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
I didn't expect it to be this bad but this last bout knocked me out for more than a week. I was bed ridden for days with the flu then subsequent upper respiratory infection. Even lost my voice for several days. Today is the first day I really made it out of bed. Haven't been able to touch a tree or doing any business.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
I feel for you. I've been sick for almost two weeks. Severe upper respiratory infection. Been taking steroids, antibiotics, Mucinex, allergy pills, Robitussin, etc. Just starting to feel human and slept last night in bed instead of the recliner...

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
I feel for you. I've been sick for almost two weeks. Severe upper respiratory infection. Been taking steroids, antibiotics, Mucinex, allergy pills, Robitussin, etc. Just starting to feel human and slept last night in bed instead of the recliner...
Same here plus some heavy-duty cough syrup that knocks me out.

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
So all my tropicals have been left outside through the last frost a couple days ago. Temperature will be around high 30's to low 40's for the low in the next 10 days. I am still too tired to move the trees. So the tamarind, rainbow eucalyptus, jujube, and all will just have to tough it out. I probably won't move them in until the next very cold spell.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
My family has been through two rounds of sickness, this season..

One round was HFM, contracted from the boys cousins.. who live in squalor (animal feces/urine included) 😟.

And this recent one was COVID again, coupled with whatever infection was going around.

This COVID wasn't as rough as I've experienced before.. but still had the EXACT same "mental fog" aspect, as well displaying the "falling asleep a bunch in chairs, sitting up" behavior which I have learned to associate with the caronavirus.

I feel for you friend, and wish you well.

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
I got vaccinated against both the flu and the latest-known variants of the covid virus.

So far so good, not like some of my friends...

OK, when I go to sleep, I can hear Bill Gates' voice telling me "5G is awesome!", but only when I rest my head on my right arm at night. When I turn on the other side, I can hear my armpit say "scientology will free you from that sweat smell".

And I can hear a mild saw-like repetitive sound. My girlfriend is snoring, oh my...

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
This COVID wasn't as rough as I've experienced before.. but still had the EXACT same "mental fog" aspect, as well displaying the "falling asleep a bunch in chairs, sitting up" behavior which I have learned to associate with the caronavirus.

Did these symptoms improve for you post recovery? Or does it continue to linger?

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Got my first flu in 4 years two weeks ago.
Covid still hasn't gotten me since the OG strain straight from China hit my respiratory system.

Kids in this country have been overloading the hospitals with respiratory infections since september. Not sure what's up with that. But it's remarkable that it's kids and not adults.

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Got my first flu in 4 years two weeks ago.
Covid still hasn't gotten me since the OG strain straight from China hit my respiratory system.

Kids in this country have been overloading the hospitals with respiratory infections since september. Not sure what's up with that. But it's remarkable that it's kids and not adults.
My work place has been hit pretty hard with respiratory infections in the past month. All adults working age range. It starts with something like a cold with cough and blows up in a hurry.

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Lingers, definitely... Months...

Even 4-6 mos after.. you are still "aware" of it.

The mental fog causes insomnia, as well, in my case...

I understand completely. You may wish to read up on and possibly try nattokinase and serrapeptase enzymes. I found them helpful for some symptoms.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I understand completely. You may wish to read up on and possibly try nattokinase and serrapeptase enzymes. I found them helpful for some symptoms.

Those look very interesting!!!

I will have to bring it up with my GI/hepatology Doctor during my next "check-in". As a cirrhosis patient, all supplements (and sources) are subject to much deliberation before I can take them! 🤣🤣

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Getting vaccinated against Civid won't prevent you from getting it, but it will definitely keep you off the worst of it, death risks, long-time symptoms, etc.

I haven't had Covid for the past years, and now some of my friends (un-vaccinated) have it.

Sorry for them... Still kiss them on the cheek when they're out of bed.

Top Bottom