Where to go from here with Parsoni Juniper

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I did the cleaning up. I would really like to make this into something nice. It seems to have a decent trunk and some nice branching. I want to get a guide as to where to go from this point. I would like to get some help before I "butcher" this one. I am new to this and trying to learn. Thank youIMG_3678.JPGIMG_3680.JPGIMG_3681.JPGIMG_3682.JPGIMG_3684.JPGIMG_3686.JPGIMG_3687.JPG

How much foliage have you taken off the tree already? 10%? 20%? 30%? more? less?

I am a noob(so this might be like: The blind leading the blind) but I have heard that juniper store a lot of energy in there foliage and you shouldn't remove more than 30% at one time. Then let it rest a season or 2.

I am risky and I have removed more than 30% and it lived. However if its a tree you want to keep and be gentle with you might want to wait.

How much foliage have you taken off the tree already? 10%? 20%? 30%? more? less?

I am a noob(so this might be like: The blind leading the blind) but I have heard that juniper store a lot of energy in there foliage and you shouldn't remove more than 30% at one time. Then let it rest a season or 2.

I am risky and I have removed more than 30% and it lived. However if its a tree you want to keep and be gentle with you might want to wait.
I would say thatI removed maybe 15-20%. I only went in and removed all of the dead stuff underneath and cleaned up the branched by removing the liitle shoots growing in between two already established branches. I also snipped off the small branches that were growing straight down or straight up. I did not remove any large branches.

I'd start by removing all of the low growth branches and then probably shorten some of the long runners and go from there.

2017-12-04 20.20.18.jpg

I did a little more cleaning up. Are there any suggestions as to where to go from here. Is it too early to start wiring anything? Do I let it rest and recover then repot and style in the spring? IMG_3698.JPGIMG_3698.JPG IMG_3700.JPGIMG_3701.JPGIMG_3702.JPGIMG_3703.JPGIMG_3705.JPGIMG_3708.JPGIMG_3709.JPG

I took this one real quick tonight. I repotted it a couple weeks ago when it was warm. I change the planting angle and I think it gave it a more interesting shape. I’m letting it be until maybe fall, maybe next year. I would like to see the foliage fill in closer to the trunk the branches are a big leggy right now. I am open to any suggestions from the experts. F7171423-41F8-44A7-B56D-B41C8D2BB5AB.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom