Where did my post go?

Pure_Ignorance

Seedling
Reaction score
Happened to me twice just now. I wrote a rather long and wordy post and after seeing some soelling errors I edited it and it disappeared. I though I must have deleted it so made another post, which also disappeared.
They did appear for a few minutes, long enough for me to check it and see the spellimg errors so maybe I triggered their flagging and disappearing.Or maybe I used illegal emojis? I wondered if maybe my plants looked so bad a moderator booted me off :D

Some sort of notification or faq entry warnign it might haplen would be nice, tok me a while to find this thread exokainignwhat possibly happened. But then again maybe it's better without it. Spam is the worst, and maybe it even keeps the casual or flippant new users from flooding your site with half-hearted posts :)

Pure_Ignorance

Seedling
Reaction score
wow. even thos post talking abouty post disappearing has now disappeared. At keast I can still see this under 'my content'. Maybe I can reply to it as well?
I must really be in the bad books with your antispamware. Though you'll notice I havent edited my spelling :D

Mad Tabby

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
3a
No idea. But I would suspect a glitch over anyone deleting your posts. I’m sure if you broke a rule some admin would tell you why they deleted your post.

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
As BonsaiNut stated before, some activities such as rapid posting from a new user will trigger the spam function of the site. This program will move the post into a place for the moderator to look and approve. I suspect that after you post, you saw it before the software moved your post into quarantine.

Pure_Ignorance

Seedling
Reaction score
As BonsaiNut stated before, some activities such as rapid posting from a new user will trigger the spam function of the site. This program will move the post into a place for the moderator to look and approve. I suspect that after you post, you saw it before the software moved your post into quarantine.
Yes, eventually I found this thread which explained it. My raving was about what I was wondering may have happened before I found this post explaining it.

Very confusing since thre was no message or anything to indicate new users posts may be quarantined.

Also, big respect to the sites management for working so hard to keep out spam. It seems to work, and is worth the smal discomfort and confusion.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Yes, eventually I found this thread which explained it.
Your content was never flagged as spam. I never had to approve it.

I'm not sure how some posts might not show up, but if I had to guess it might have something to do with the cached version of the site that you have on your device. If you ever run into this problem again, try refreshing your browser page by hitting F5, or by clicking on the home page button for the site (which will reload the site). Though it sounds like a grand conspiracy of web site management, I really don't moderate or approve very many posts - and usually it is because new members post exterior links in their first post (which the site recognizes as potential spam). Most new members post new content just fine without any hiccups.

Top Bottom