Where can get cheap ceramic or terracotta bonsai pots.

• Thread starter Deleted member 49943
  • Start date

yashu

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4/5
So these were a new addition to my local Lowes. The dimensions seem pretty good and I’ve had some standard sized pots from the same Italian maker before that are reasonably durable. These would be a purchase of convenience for me since there is not much difference in price if I make the trip to NEBG for actual Tokoname pots.

787B2384-C71B-4B3B-BF61-F3B3530CB066.jpeg

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
So these were a new addition to my local Lowes. The dimensions seem pretty good and I’ve had some standard sized pots from the same Italian maker before that are reasonably durable. These would be a purchase of convenience for me since there is not much difference in price if I make the trip to NEBG for actual Tokoname pots.

View attachment 518414

Keep in mind these are not frost/freeze proof as regular Terracotta pots are low fired. They could crack if you overwinter trees in them and the soil freezes.

I believe the tokoname ones are more freeze proof but I am not sure.

Last edited:

W3rk

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a

View attachment 518414
Yeah this is the answer. We can get short fat azalea/bulb pan versions of cheap terra cotta - they are a great option.

gooeytek

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Keep an eye out for large plastic colanders at a church thrift store or garage sales, they're about $1 each.

Top Bottom