Wazakura Bonsai Tools

The knob cutters I got had an improper hardening and temper and lost huge chunks out of the blade in the first 3 cuts. They replaced them no problem. As long as you have your order info you should be good to go.
That's good to hear, glad they stand behind their products.

a concave cutter from them that seems like the blades don't meet up. They tend to overlap
you are aware that concave cutter blades are not supposed to meet up, and should have a slight overlap right?
A drop of oil might be all that is need.
(But I do not have the tool in my hands!)

you are aware that concave cutter blades are not supposed to meet up, and should have a slight overlap right?
A drop of oil might be all that is need.
(But I do not have the tool in my hands!)
I am aware. I have another concave cutter that works correctly. I didn't clarify that I was speaking more about the degree of overlap.

I can tell on the "good" one, that there is a slight difference between the blades when closed. The blades don't jump when cutting larger diameter pieces.

20240502_082148.jpg

This is a picture of the cutter I mentioned before with the overlap. In my experience with this tool, it does this often if I am not careful with the pressure I am squeezing with once the blades make their way through the limb. I sometimes have to pry the handles apart with a bit of force as I have to overcome the spring tension of the other curved blade holding it closed.

Back
Top Bottom