Vacationing

I don't believe in space as it's taught!

Sorce

Just because people will read it here, I'll say it again: if you have a caretaker, show them a video of you, taking care.
Saves about 5 pages of writing and reading, and they can do the watering with one hand while watching the video in the other.

Wicks can and will work in potting soil once its been wetted thoroughly and the length of the wick isn't too great (five fingers from pot to water level, less is better). Bonsai soil draws too little moisture to have a working wick system. Better to keep those in.. A water bassin with a very shalow layer of water. After a day the water will be gone, after 2 days the soil will dry, after 2.5 days you'll return.
It's like a rainy day for them.

Just because people will read it here, I'll say it again: if you have a caretaker, show them a video of you, taking care.
Saves about 5 pages of writing and reading, and they can do the watering with one hand while watching the video in the other.

Wicks can and will work in potting soil once its been wetted thoroughly and the length of the wick isn't too great (five fingers from pot to water level, less is better). Bonsai soil draws too little moisture to have a working wick system. Better to keep those in.. A water bassin with a very shalow layer of water. After a day the water will be gone, after 2 days the soil will dry, after 2.5 days you'll return.
It's like a rainy day for them.
Appreciate the advice, wires!

I have a good waterer/friend. But when we came home yesterday, I found two Lantanas (not bonsai but in shallow pots and have potential) completely dry and shriveled. My fault for leaving them in full sun and not telling her they needed more water than the rest. I drenched them and a few leaves had opened up this morning, so they may make it. Vacation is supposed to be relaxing!!

Thanks for the tips! I also have a contact whom I can leave the trees behind with who has a big garden containing his bonsai, I'd have to pay him but its about $1/day per tree. I haven't heard back from him just yet so I'm trying to make a plan B in case the offer falls through somehow.
There is the answer.

Back
Top Bottom