Updated my JBP PDF

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
I pruned and wired this one last fall, and had Bjorn help tweak and prepare it for show. While out of town in January, it sat outside through single-digit temperatures and really took a beating. Happy to see it looking this green again.
3C847CFC-8E9D-4426-AAC8-B67751C60A0E.jpeg

Brian Van Fleet

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Here it is today. It was accepted in the US Nationals this year as part of a 3-point display, but because I wasn’t home during a really cold snap in January, it wasn’t perfect, so I withdrew it from the show. Hopefully by 2020 it will be spot-on, David Knittle made 2 tables for the display that I’m eager to share.
071AD4BF-BEB6-4A2A-A3F0-672FE82E195B.jpeg

Brian Van Fleet

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A

Mayank

Chumono
Reaction score
Here it is today. It was accepted in the US Nationals this year as part of a 3-point display, but because I wasn’t home during a really cold snap in January, it wasn’t perfect, so I withdrew it from the show. Hopefully by 2020 it will be spot-on, David Knittle made 2 tables for the display that I’m eager to share.
View attachment 221123
Where are the Knittle tables? Love his work. He made two for me last year and he's making another this year.

Maiden69

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
yeah... I thought about you when I was watching his video about a "client from Alabama bringing some absolutely fantastic trees with him" to style them into proper shape for an exhibition in the future. I'm new to bonsai (started summer last year) and have been watching a lot of Bjorn videos and recently registered to Mirai. The first book I bought was yours after reading your JBP progression in your blog. I love the work you have done with that tree and decided to get the book to have all the info without having to browse through a lot of pages.

Brian Van Fleet

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
yeah... I thought about you when I was watching his video about a "client from Alabama bringing some absolutely fantastic trees with him" to style them into proper shape for an exhibition in the future. I'm new to bonsai (started summer last year) and have been watching a lot of Bjorn videos and recently registered to Mirai. The first book I bought was yours after reading your JBP progression in your blog. I love the work you have done with that tree and decided to get the book to have all the info without having to browse through a lot of pages.
Yeah, a mutual friend took a couple of my pines up along with those absolutely fantastic trees BB was referring to.😜. You can see the back of my 2 pines sitting on his bench when he says that about Al.

Thanks for your support and kind words. Killer avatar too, BTW.🤟

Top Bottom