Tree never leafed out

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I don't have any other elms, our local elms just leafed out a couple weeks ago. They were the last to leaf out here, along with the oaks.

Have you done any fertilizer or pruning? I was wondering if these things would entice it to leaf out lol

This was collected a few years ago, it was all well and healthy. No issues with water flow.

Correct. If everything went according to plan there should be 2 points where roots are emerging from this tree below the soil line.... I have not removed the tree from the container since executing the layer last spring. So, I am not sure if it took or not, or what's going on..... Please share the easy answer, any help is greatly appreciated.

It is still green, so I am still holding out hope.
Repeat after me, "Our Father, who art in heaven...

Lazylightningny

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I don't have any other elms, our local elms just leafed out a couple weeks ago. They were the last to leaf out here, along with the oaks.

Have you done any fertilizer or pruning? I was wondering if these things would entice it to leaf out lol

This was collected a few years ago, it was all well and healthy. No issues with water flow.

Correct. If everything went according to plan there should be 2 points where roots are emerging from this tree below the soil line.... I have not removed the tree from the container since executing the layer last spring. So, I am not sure if it took or not, or what's going on..... Please share the easy answer, any help is greatly appreciated.

It is still green, so I am still holding out hope.
No. Fertilizer would be counterproductive since the tree is not taking up any nutrients. Haven't thought about pruning. Have you read something about this?

vp999

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
So....did it ever leaf out? I have a couple of tree thats going through the same problem and it's almost the end of Jun.

Top Bottom