Thoughts on Peter Chan? (Herons Bonsai)

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I don’t like dremel because you can only use bits for the dremel and the collet does not go up to 1/4” … I don’t want to buy a foredom
There is a nibber with dremel thread on it, and I without problems remove large parts of wood. ALso, I have the quick-release collet on the thread and I can choose loads of 3.2mm shaft bits.

It is very workable now. I have a makita in the basement gathering dust because the dremel does just fine with the few tools.

Shogun610

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
There is a nibber with dremel thread on it, and I without problems remove large parts of wood. ALso, I have the quick-release collet on the thread and I can choose loads of 3.2mm shaft bits.

It is very workable now. I have a makita in the basement gathering dust because the dremel does just fine with the few tools.
Oh quick release collet is that a custom mod of yours?

Kevin1968

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a

BobbyLane

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
There's no secrets, most of this stuff can be found online. This video is old and ive shared it here before, its one of a few of his that can be found on youtube

Potter also has videos on tools he uses and I believe nibbler and Potter ship bits to the US. Im pretty sure you can also find similar styled bits in the US from other outlets.

BobbyLane

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Did anyone catch why Kevin decided to leave a little bit of bark on the jinned Scots pine branch....
little gems like this tend to go missed...

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
@26 minutes: Just style choice. By not cleaning the whole branch, you show the story of dying of and damage stronger than by cleaning fully, is his argument.

Top Bottom