"They Journey"

bonsaiBlake

Chumono
Reaction score
Bering sea, AK Orginally from Vancover, wa
There's nowhere on here to post about Pen Jeng so I put it here.

This is what i've been doing to keep busy till fall styling. Figureins from a small portland shop.

Edit: Title is supposed to be "The Journey"

Attachments

• thejourney1.jpg
    thejourney1.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 77
  • thejourney2.jpg
    thejourney2.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
You are supposed to make a penjing ina bonsai pot with more or less almost styled tree...unless you are just having fun.

Just having fun. . . no trees to work on at this time of year. I wont even have any trees in bonsai/penjeng pots for at least 2 years, and they wont be showable for another 3-5 after that. My collection is limited and young(age of trees) so I find ways to keep myself interested/entertained without burning out. I've recently been propagating more as I aquired 2 sizeable greenhouses about a month ago.

Just having fun. . . no trees to work on at this time of year. I wont even have any trees in bonsai/penjeng pots for at least 2 years, and they wont be showable for another 3-5 after that. My collection is limited and young(age of trees) so I find ways to keep myself interested/entertained without burning out. I've recently been propagating more as I aquired 2 sizeable greenhouses about a month ago.
That is all good! Bonsai are meant to be fun!

I say...work with what you have. Adding an artistic flair with Penjing,nothing wrong in that. Gives your eyes something to rest on...and if it makes a smile appear on your face. Then all the more reason to do so.

Utimatley I want to do something different with my miniaturized trees. Sorta an americanized pen jeng. I have a piece Im planning to do using material I pull from the western juniper in my yard. I want to call it "Fighting Back" It will involve a bulldozer(toy) (root over bulldozer, if you can see that) with a stand of trees that appear to be closing in on the machine("leaning" the trees towards the ruins) As if the trees are taking back the forest.

Back
Top Bottom