The Tree Thread

amazing how the little things like reducing the deadwood and raising lower branches can really improve an image. i wanted to maximise the mutli trunk/clumpy feel. reducing the deadwood puts more emphasis on the the sub trunks and the movement incorporated into the trunks is clearer
IMG_6926 by Bobby Lane, on Flickr
there's currently more branches on this tree than it needs for health reasons because in spring ill look to reduce the root ball a little

the Up n down habit of the branches mimics the natural growth pattern on most European Yew
Ormiston Yew Tree by Raycce, on Flickr
Ancient Yew Tree by Alistair, on Flickr

Last edited:
Speaking of pines (which nobody was for many, many posts now :p), @Adair M used talk a lot about how promiscuous red and black Japanese pines are. This is one such progeny, my "Red Black" (not to be confused with Red Greene). - p. densi x thunbergii 'Jane Kluis',

full

Speaking of pines (which nobody was for many, many posts now :p), @Adair M used talk a lot about how promiscuous red and black Japanese pines are. This is one such progeny, my "Red Black" (not to be confused with Red Greene). - p. densi x thunbergii 'Jane Kluis',

full
What??? We’re having a shortage of pine posts? Horrors!

Let’s remedy that!

Here’s my “Exposed root Japanese White Pine Semi-Cascade”:

0519C771-CD87-4831-B3A7-40262F4AD6D6.jpeg

And here’s a picture with a Landshark for scale:

E2610636-816D-420A-B3F8-768713125A3D.jpeg

What??? We’re having a shortage of pine posts? Horrors!

Let’s remedy that!

Here’s my “Exposed root Japanese White Pine Semi-Cascade”:

View attachment 213580

And here’s a picture with a Landshark for scale:

View attachment 213581
Shore Pine heard about the Land Shark, left the bog and climbed a mountain!
IMG_0668.JPG

Been playing about with this nursery Hornbeam. it lacks taper, but im going to work with it in its current form, without chopping it lower. i think in time..... it can be good for its subtle movement and high level of ramification, clean trunk, the two scars on the tree will heal over. could be a tall, narrow park tree and one day sit in a shallow oval
IMG_6974 by Bobby Lane, on Flickr

Thought that was a full size tree at first glance.

View attachment 214188

Your tree looks like it is a body builder, super strong! Here is a fun younger Kotobuki I quite enjoy, just before a fall pruning. @bonhe I have been keeping some of your interesting KBP and JBP in mind as I grow this one. slant kotobuki.JPG

This thread is pretty awesome, I browsed back almost 40 pages over the past week or so to look at trees and find some inspiration.
This is my best looking tree at the moment.(feels like I’ve posted it everywhere these days) Non tree people think it’s pretty spectacular, so I have that going for me, which is nice. I gradually started lifting the rock so I can have more soil underneath.
8DAB39B2-D57D-4E91-88F2-EB96EA78E461.jpeg

There’s something big coming in the near future, just hold on to your butts, and be patient :cool:

Back
Top Bottom