The Lazy “Four Legged Apprentice” Thread

My little shadow BK the cat past away in my arms this morning, he was breathing funny then went into a convulsion and went limp, he was fearless, caring and very smart and only 6 years old.
Give your fur babies a hug for me. ✌️
View attachment 530786
So sorry😢 So hard to lose our fur babies.

Yesterday as I worked in my new office we just converted a spare bedroom into. Moved upstairs from a finished basement office so I could be upstairs with the dogs when I'm working at home. The basement isn't dogproof for my Great Dane mix that is too smart for his own good so we don't allow them down there. First dog I've had to banish from the basement.

This is Duffy, my lab, Australian kelpie mix.20240229_093955.jpg

Send me good energy and wishes today my dog he’s only 8, had to get a urine sample for a slightly higher reading for kidney enzyme , hope it comes back ok 😕
View attachment 531211
Results came back fine thanks for the encouragement I love my 4 legged apprentice so much

My apprentice is on medical leave. He most likely ate something stupid. He had an x-ray and symptom treatment at the vet, and he should recover, but he’s not eating or drinking (besides the water we’ve hand syringed him). Cat owners may notice the droopy eyes and slightly open mouth, which are cat for “i’m sick.”
IMG_1847.jpeg
He’s been sitting by the light for some of my trees most of the day. He defintiely prefers the carpet and the light today, which is nice because he was all hiding yesterday.

Attachments

• IMG_1843.jpeg
    IMG_1843.jpeg
    331.7 KB · Views: 20
My apprentice is on medical leave. He most likely ate something stupid. He had an x-ray and symptom treatment at the vet, and he should recover, but he’s not eating or drinking (besides the water we’ve hand syringed him). Cat owners may notice the droopy eyes and slightly open mouth, which are cat for “i’m sick.”
View attachment 537731
He’s been sitting by the light for some of my trees most of the day. He defintiely prefers the carpet and the light today, which is nice because he was all hiding yesterday.
Sorry to hear! My two dingus’s got into some tulip bulbs a few weeks ago, spent the night in the SPCA ER. They’re much better now and after a few slow days they were back to creating havoc.

View attachment 537731
Poor little guy, I hope he recovers.

Poor little guy, I hope he recovers.
I’m happy to say that he’s a lot better! Last night was scary and stressful as he was still refusing food and water when we went to sleep. He was noticeably quite weak and dehydrated, so we gave him what water we could with an oral syringe (much to his dismay, unfortunately). I left out a bit of kibble in a loud metal bowl, hopping that he would find his appetite and wake us, and he finally did just after sunrise.

He’s still got a ways to go before he’s back to 100%, but at least we’ll both be able to sleep tonight.

Back
Top Bottom