The "Hey! I have some crap for sale!" - pager thread.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
So quite often, I find myself missing awesome items/live things for sale by our fantastically diverse and creative Bonsai Nut community...

Sometimes this is due to lack of thorough scrolling...

Sometimes forgetfulness...

No matter WHY it happens, I think I have a decent portion of a solution.

Folks wanting to be alerted to the artists/sellers updates, need only follow this thread to gain notifications.

We (the folks with items they enjoy selling here) can use this thread to "alert" the GP within the "latest posts" to our showcase of wares.

Sending out sort of a mass "I have some crap for sale"- as a page/alert.

Win/win...easy-peasy.

PLEASE anyone feel free to use this paging system... It was my intention.

🤓

Love overcomes a multitude of "crap".

I have some crap for sale.
Crap makes trees flourish.
So many people buy bags of crap.
Buy boxes of crap too.

Sorce

It is all good. My trees are still for sale but not for long. They are growing and being trained to be be better.

Last edited:
Leo,
I appreciate you thinking of me, but I don't sell crap nor do I consider the items I make crap. If you are willing to call the stuff you sell crap, what do you think people will associate you with?

Pitoon

I think people can make up their own minds about my work.

If someone needs MY words, to form an opinion, that's a whole other problem.

I am not a salesman, I'm an artist (as are you)

But I do understand what you are saying, and should use a more attractive noun.

If you'd like, you can associate me with "crap" if it makes you happy.

🤣🤣

@Bonsai Nut can I please get the "crap" in the title changed to "items", so my word choice will not detract from my idea.

Thank you.

Last edited:
My last mentor said, “you’ll be paid to make a lot of crap. But always have respect for the art and the trade.”

Most of the best artist and craftsman I know call their work crap all the time. Like people who have prestige in a field. When I worked at an art center I’d go down to an area I knew a highly skilled craftsman and artist would be during the day taking his breaks and I’d just feel honored to share the space for a while. He’d throw around the word crap and his work all the time. This was a man who is recognized as a master. Because it’s about respecting the trade, skill, and creative process. It’s about seeing a care and love for the work within the creators work.

I understand where you are coming from 100% @HorseloverFat its a hard thing to articulate sometimes.

My last mentor said, “you’ll be paid to make a lot of crap. But always have respect for the art and the trade.”

Most of the best artist and craftsman I know call their work crap all the time. Like people who have prestige in a field. When I worked at an art center I’d go down to an area I knew a highly skilled craftsman and artist would be during the day taking his breaks and I’d just feel honored to share the space for a while. He’d throw around the word crap and his work all the time. This was a man who is recognized as a master. Because it’s about respecting the trade, skill, and creative process. It’s about seeing a care and love for the work within the creators work.

I understand where you are coming from 100% @HorseloverFat its a hard thing to articulate sometimes.

Very eloquent and diplomatic, my friend!

I think people can make up their own minds about my work.

If someone needs MY words, to form an opinion, that's a whole other problem.

I am not a salesman, I'm an artist (as are you)

But I do understand what you are saying, and should use a more attractive noun.

If you'd like, you can associate me with "crap" if it makes you happy.

🤣🤣

@Bonsai Nut can I please get the "crap" in the title changed to "items", so my word choice will not detract from my idea.

Thank you.
I understood what you meant with the title. I just don't refer to my creations as crap.

Our thoughts become our reality, if you speak what you think you reinforce your thoughts making it closure to become reality.

I don't and won't associate you with crap, because I don't think your creations are crap. We are all talented, just some of us are more talented than others.

......and for the record, the greatest of all my creations are my children.

Pitoon

I understood what you meant with the title. I just don't refer to my creations as crap.

Our thoughts become our reality, if you speak what you think you reinforce your thoughts making it closure to become reality.

I don't and won't associate you with crap, because I don't think your creations are crap. We are all talented, just some of us are more talented than others.

......and for the record, the greatest of all my creations are my children.

Pitoon

Oh I definitely understood you, aen naami!

The video I posted actually kind of MORE reinforces what YOU were sayin'!

I had JUS told my children something along those lines yesterday morning when they were helping me mix dough for biscuits and shred potatoes...

I said, "You guys do realize... That out everything I do, have done or WILL do... That you are the best. I am more proud of you than I ever will be of anything!"

They then proposed a thousand hypotheticals, trying to find out exactly what I could possibly be MORE proud of/impressed with. 🤣🤣

Almost like that old Inuit tale-adapted-to-book; "Mama do you love me?" In which the child keeps asking the mother If she'd love her, as the hypothetical situations grow.

Ironically enough, your comment struck home to me, regarding something that I was recently forced to come to grips with... The whole, "I did spend some time messing around with local clay and setting fires in mud pits FIRST... but I am sporadic in my work. According to my meticulously (but very poor handwriting) taken notes, I have fired a real kiln only 9 times (Sooo one should expect MOST potters to be more talented than I). foolishly just kind of assumed I was more experienced than that 🤣 and in turn held myself to rigid specifics that pooled over and poisoned my creativity pool... If that makes sense.

Last edited:
I get promos all day and night of people peddling their music as high minded thoughtful art.

I respond that I only am interested in sewage, noise, and trash.

Because until someone ELSE believes an artform is more than garbage, its just a waste of time someone spent on something for others to look at or interact with.

Because I am constantly learning and honing my skills…literally…my newest creation is always better than my last. So in reality there IS a lot of my crap out there. @HorseloverFat has my most recent masterpiece… as soon as I make another it will be crap too. 😁

The "What's New" and "New Posts" and the little bell at the top right cover natively pretty well what this post is intended for. I'd appreciate NOT having a 2nd post about something I'd already been notified about. There's a forum for selling, if one wants to buy. There are also individual threads where folks post their wares that I can go to if I'm interested or curious. Each of these also shows up in the What's New and New Posts links, ...which is how most probably interface with BNut initially anyway (or should?). Having yet another post seems unnecessary.

Crap or not.

$0.02

Back
Top Bottom