The 2015 Spring Box Store Challenge Entries Thread

Not going to make it in. Went to the nursery with every intention of getting something for this challenge but walked out with 2 Mugos instead. Going back for a Japanese White Pine "Azuma" and maybe one of these old Amur maples they have had around for years. Like 8" trunks.
Non coniferous evergreen plants are just not for me. Maybe in the fall.

Not going to make it in. Went to the nursery with every intention of getting something for this challenge but walked out with 2 Mugos instead. Going back for a Japanese White Pine "Azuma" and maybe one of these old Amur maples they have had around for years. Like 8" trunks.
Non coniferous evergreen plants are just not for me. Maybe in the fall.
Thanks for trying! It means a lot. :)

azelea1.jpg IMG_6350.JPG IMG_6376.JPG

Here is my entry... it's a $9 Azalea in a 2 gallon pot from the Lowe's that I just picked up this morning. Put me in the Advanced group. Thanks, good luck everyone!

I knew you knew the horticultural aspect, I was just being a pain :) You can do with it as you wish after the final photos are submitted. However, as there is a little twist that hasn't been announced yet I would ask that you hold off until then. Let's just say you may have a different plan. Sound good?

Oh nooo! A twist!? Even tho I've already submitted my final photos, I have since repotted it into a bonsai training pot. I hope that it doesn't affect my challenge entry inany way. :-/

I couldn't find anything I really liked so in the 11th hour I picked up this holly at Wally World for $7. I'm entering in the beginner catagory.
image2.jpg
image3.jpg
image1.jpg

Last edited:
My submission:

A pyracantha from the 50% off aisle at Armstrongs.

I'm in the intermediate category.

Attachments

• Armstrong.jpg
    Armstrong.jpg
    276.8 KB · Views: 40
  • Receipt.jpg
    Receipt.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 40
  • 2015-05-01 19.21.13.jpg
    2015-05-01 19.21.13.jpg
    325.3 KB · Views: 43
My submission:

A pyracantha from the 50% off aisle at Armstrongs.

I'm in the intermediate category.
Your in my friend. Plant was purchased at 7:04 P.M. in Cali. Sorry for not getting back to you until this morning. Good luck! (and wear gloves) :)

Thank you. Already got stabbed a few times. And for the record, guys, it was in by midnight my local time, which was what the rules said.

Time zones! Go figure!

Sent my entry mail.

I hope the twist is, the loser gets a trip to Austria!
Long as a nun didn't destroy my vehicle.

Sorce

Time zones! Go figure!

Sent my entry mail.

I hope the twist is, the loser gets a trip to Austria!
Long as a nun didn't destroy my vehicle.

Sorce
There are no losers (my feeble attempt at a pep-talk :)). I've named mine Medusa so when you see it don't stare at it too long. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom