Small japanese white pine

ChrisV

Shohin
Reaction score
After some bonsai time out I decided to get back into it and bought a small white pine to practice styling again.
Lovely little tree that had more branches than I first thought when looking at it online.
It looked very healthy and was grown for bonsai purpose so styling was easy and fun.
In the end i'm pretty ok with the result and will give it a nice pot next year.

Attachments

• IMG_4447 kopie.jpg
    IMG_4447 kopie.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_4453 kopie.jpg
    IMG_4453 kopie.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 124
I so got to get one of these. Yours is really nice. Plus I see guitars behind it.

Be alert, however, you MAY have a root (size) issue. The tree is planted off to the side of that large pot which to me hints of a large heavy root that may have to be brought down very slowly.

Otherwise, lovely!

Yes i'm well aware of the root issue however I didn't say the pot would be a regular pot. ;)
And of course I always take my time with my JWPines.

The tree is 20 cm high that is 7.9 inch. That still makes it Shohin officially.
The width of the trunk is 5 cm that would be 2 inches at the base.

Wednesday, spent 7 hours on a big white pine up at the collection. Under the curator's direction to replace 3rd year growth and thin present year. deGroot would follow up the effort with some wiring.

All this to say, think current year growth could be thinned a bit. :)

Japanese WP are nice but really prefer american whitebark.

about the weyerhaeuser collection, two candidates to replace the present curator are being flown out and interviewed this week so might have an announcement to make here shortly.

Back
Top Bottom