shishigashira - bud removal

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
So I'm fairly new to maples and was wondering if it's safe to remove buds this tree is popping that aren't where I need 'em.?. Seems like it would be, but better safe than sorry. Not terribly cold here yet and it'll get decent protection when it does. Thanks!!

Sorry keep getting an error message when uploading the pix, but it's silly the dense clusters this things putting out in the wrong places!

Thanks for your time fellow nutz.

Cypress187

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
So I'm fairly new to maples and was wondering if it's safe to remove buds this tree is popping that aren't where I need 'em.?. Seems like it would be, but better safe than sorry. Not terribly cold here yet and it'll get decent protection when it does. Thanks!!Sorry keep getting an error message when uploading the pix, but it's silly the dense clusters this things putting out in the wrong places!Thanks for your time fellow nutz.
If the tree isn't sick and the trunk is the right fatness, i think it's a good idea. But i'm not a maple guy, maybe the timing could be better, i dont know.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
expected a 'wait til spring' or the like. This is like hearing "why not.." at last call!

But way less dangerous!
No Designated driver needed!

I regularly knock buds off everything opposite. Size specific for balancing energy.

Now let's get that drink!

Sorce

Top Bottom