Share your weather!

Rainy day off sucks. I have things to do outside. :( Graph says 0.11 for rainfall amount, we've already gotten 0.30 & counting.

View attachment 542974
We had rain all day yesterday, but just a slight bit this morning. Getting some yardwork done while trying my hand chitterlings.

Supposed to be mild for the most part through the week. We're all keeping an eye on the weather here because next weekend is the town Blossom Festival. My middle daughter is in the parade with the school band, so I'm being extra watchful.
So far it's looking like 70sF/low 20sC, clear and calm. 🤞

We had rain all day yesterday, but just a slight bit this morning. Getting some yardwork done while trying my hand chitterlings.

Supposed to be mild for the most part through the week. We're all keeping an eye on the weather here because next weekend is the town Blossom Festival. My middle daughter is in the parade with the school band, so I'm being extra watchful.
So far it's looking like 70sF/low 20sC, clear and calm. 🤞
It finally quit raining around 1pm so I did get outside and get 'some' work done. I need to cut the grass, and I refuse to cut wet grass so, now I'll have to do it after work one day this week. I hope you get good weather for the parade, my oldest daughter was in band in middle school. (The clarinet is a really screechy instrument at times, right up there with bag pipes. :)

I hope you get good weather for the parade, my oldest daughter was in band in middle school. (The clarinet is a really screechy instrument at times, right up there with bag pipes. :)
Thanks! Mine plays the flute, only she can't march and play at the same time so well.
So she'll be twirling flags. Last year she help get the team to 2nd place, and I think part of her enjoys it more than playing anyway.😜

Sunny and lovely skies, but the onshore winds bring a county-load of pollen across the balcony midmorning when I can do a little work out there. I'm gonna have to start getting up at 530a. 😴

Last edited:
Rained last night at 1am and this morning at 5am (first time since last week's brief rain), some sprinkling still persists. Another step in the right direction for more frequent rain, hopefully this is the seasonal pivot into 'normal summer weather' for me so my trees can be off to the races in terms of growth again.

Today's the last dry day for a while.
Guess I'll use Bonide systemic granules again and cut the grass.
Rain n Wane repot time
View attachment 543846
I think last frost date has come n gone.
Our nighttime lows are still in the low 40s right now. I'd have moved all my tropicals out already if we'd had even 50s a few nights.

Latest numbers for Saturday are cooler, and a slight chance of rain starting at the same time as the parade. Not ideal, but way better than the year they canceled the whole thing because of snow, so...🤷

Our nighttime lows are still in the low 40s right now. I'd have moved all my tropicals out already if we'd had even 50s a few nights.

Latest numbers for Saturday are cooler, and a slight chance of rain starting at the same time as the parade. Not ideal, but way better than the year they canceled the whole thing because of snow, so...🤷
KY derby Saturday
I liked the nights in the 40's. 50's are doable and maybe preferred, but the humidity is starting to creep up.
The humidity really changes everything when it's hot out. Mostly my sweat glands and the power bill in Summer fashion.
We're calling for 2-3" of rain in the 10 day forecast with a chance every day. Not complaining, much better than a drought.
God save the farmers and our fields.

Yesterday was pretty nice. 70sF/20sC, sunny. Got my friends' swamp cooler running for the season, and then much more frustration getting my dad's irrigation set up for the season.
And THEN took the kids to the carnival, where we stayed very late until we were all freezing because cold front is blowing through.
So, highs of mid 60sF/high teensC for today, but we won't hit that until after the parade, when it's supposed to turn into a chance of rain.

Stayed nice for the parade yesterday, and today we're all lazing about recovering from a very hectic week.
I'd really like to get the rest of my tropicals moved outside today, but we're expecting a few more nights of lows nearing freezing again.🙄
At least you didn't have Kansas sized hail.
20240505_142615.jpg

20240506_221817.jpg
Digging this extended forecast but my bonsai have been in storm placement off the railing since Saturday, 4th day today.
Had to spray for mites in a little bit of a breeze
20240507_095710.jpg

20240507_103359.jpg
Hail and flooding are our highest risk next 3 days. That's an entire week my trees are in storm mode. CAR had subsided in my juniper but rusty spots on my crabapple leaves now.
Usual for an occasional day in storm mode not multiple days on end.

Off work yesterday because of high winds, and off early today for the same.
Calm and chances of afternoon showers the rest of the week, though, with nighttime lows creeping toward 50F/high singles C. I might FINALLY be able to move my tropicals outside soon.

20240508_153401.jpg
This^ is how much it rained early this morning.

20240508_153409.jpg
This is the rate at which it rained:eek:
Glad it didn't rain for an hour.
No wonder I got a leak detection text and alarm at 4 am ish in our sunroom.

Must be big, because the University of Alaska geophysical aurora forecast page is broke. At least I can't get it to load. I'm stuck with NOAA for this one.

Not that I'd have a chance to see it anyway. Heavy overcast is the least of what's forecast. Rained nonstop since Thursday evening until about noonish yesterday, and expected to do it again, and again, and then maybe even again.

Back
Top Bottom