Root Over Rock Larch

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Time well spent. Beautiful composition.

What is the flowering plant on the slab?

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
If you remember, this was one of the break room trees at the last National.
Hmm, that could explain why it seems vaguely familiar...though I have to admit, I don't think I spent enough time in the break room to really notice the trees that were in there. Plus with the heat-induced coma on Saturday, it's all a blur!

The planting kind of reminds me of places I've visited along the California coast, where there are rock outcroppings that are carpeted in various types of succulents. When they bloom it's stunningly beautiful. Of course, you don't find too many larch out there, cypress for the most part...

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hmm, that could explain why it seems vaguely familiar...though I have to admit, I don't think I spent enough time in the break room to really notice the trees that were in there. Plus with the heat-induced coma on Saturday, it's all a blur!

The planting kind of reminds me of places I've visited along the California coast, where there are rock outcroppings that are carpeted in various types of succulents. When they bloom it's stunningly beautiful. Of course, you don't find too many larch out there, cypress for the most part...
Cool. Because that's the image I was looking to portray. Thanks Chris.

Cosmos

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Beautiful, very well-done.

Was the tree originally collected? How was it acquired?

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Beautiful, very well-done.

Was the tree originally collected? How was it acquired?
A young collected tree that I first placed on a flat rock and tied the roots down to cascade down and placed in the ground for about 5 years. Next i secured it to the rock it is on now and over the years twiddled and tweaked it.

Top Bottom