Repotting: Spring vs. Summer vs. Fall vs. Winter

Ah. I see what you mean. You use it to indicate self-directed comments. Still, I'm pretty sure in this case, the use of the word "never" is such a strong absolute that the comment overall was meant to be read as sarcastic, if not also self-reflective as you indicated.

Coming to Hampton in August for two dates.....standing room only at the very back of the venue? $166!!!!!!!!!! He's awesome, but I'll wait for the bootleg?:eek:
Seen him 4 times in 4 different venues, and he puts on an amazing show.
Here’s a little “bootleg” of his show here last month. I miss Anton Fig drumming with him.

Sorry to enter this thread with might be a random request, but here goes. I received a beautiful Dawn Redwood Grove, but it arrived in a broken pot in September, and I’m wondering if I should wait until spring to repot, or if it is okay (for the grove) to repot now…

Sorry to enter this thread with might be a random request, but here goes. I received a beautiful Dawn Redwood Grove, but it arrived in a broken pot in September, and I’m wondering if I should wait until spring to repot, or if it is okay (for the grove) to repot now…
Without knowing what zone you're in, safest thing to do is slip pot it now and then repot next spring. Slip potting is just moving it to a different container without messing with the soil or roots. That said, dawn redwoods are pretty rugged and I've repotted in the fall without trouble. I'm in zone 8 though, so winter temps are fairly mild.

If you don't care about the winter aesthetics of it you could also just tape the pot together to hold it through winter, then repot as usual in spring.

Back
Top Bottom