Replacing soil for new bonsai?

Boshia

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Hello, I was looking around and I believe the soil my juniper came in is regular potting soil. I have ordered organic bonsai soil from Eastern Leaf in anticipation of switching the soil out. However, I do not know if this time of year is a good time to do it or even how to do it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

KennedyMarx

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Late winter or early spring is a good time to aim for when repotting. Did you mean inorganic soil?

Boshia

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Kennedy, the site said it had organic ingredients...I am not very knowledgeable at all with land plants, sorry.

RickMartin

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I use Hi-Dri from carquest auto parts and grit for my mix. Depending on the tree I migbt throw some small pine bark chips in the mix.

Rick

jk_lewis

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
WHERE are you in Florida? If south of Ocala, it's probably OK to repot now.

Boshia

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
I am in Ocala actually, so I guess I have to wait.

terry

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
If you are in the Ocala area go over to D & L Nursery. David will help your with some soil that will be good for your area. He also holds regular workshops where you can work on your own tree. David and his wife Linda always have a good healthy inventory and are very willing to assist you.

www.dlnursery.com

Terry

Boshia

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Terry, I actually went to DL Nursery this past weekend. Linda was very nice and answered all my questions. I am planning on going back to them when it is time to replace the soil.

Top Bottom