Reciprocating saw vs Japanese hand saw

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Maybe you’re using the wrong blade
I would appreciate it if you could name the blade model you are using. I bought a blade with fairly large teeth, usually recommended for fresh wood
P.S: I tested it on dry pine wood, as this is also indicated by the manufacturer.

Maiden69

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
It seems that it is even more powerful than a regular Chinese saw that I use 😄 But I still don’t understand how can you cut the roots or stumps without crazy shaking
The saw you are using seems like a decent one. What I may thing is happening, and @Ruddigger mentioned it, is that the blade is binding. Could be that the tree you are cutting is creating some resin with the sap that is gumming up, or that the sawzall you are using don't have enough power for the task at hand.

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
I use a Ridgid reciprocal saw with a 12" carbide demolition blade for most everything. This morning I just cut down about a dozen willow trees with trunk up to 8" in diameter with that saw. I aso use a 20" Corona pruning saw for cutting trees. For small branches I use a Harbor Freight vibrating saw and also use a Harbor Freight flush cut saw.

Top Bottom