Procumbens First Styling

Nice tree ha... It could be from the stress of drying out. However, I am not sure if you have been following the thread I posted a couple weeeks ago in the general discussion section about juniper fungus in the noreth east... It is running amuck around here.. It has infiltrated my collection and seemingly many people are having terrible issues with their pines and junipers. In junis, the parts right before the tips start to turn brown, while the very end of the tips of the foliage is green. Then, in a few days, the brown spreads all the way to the tips, until the while area is pale and brown. This usually starts in one small section then spreads throughout the tree. Although in your case it could be stress.. Usually, stress would take longer to appear on conifers, say 3 or 4 plus weeks down the road.

Rob

Last edited:
FREAKING (*&^&^$%&**&@@@@%^*&^$!!!!!!!!! I have scale this year... NEVER EVER had it before now. I'm on the warpath, my karma is going to take a serious hit, because I'm going to slaughter them all. (Believe me when I say I'll regret it.)

There's something in the air... that's for sure... also had an outbreak of Azalea gall and a minor leaf miners problem... all to be resolved quickly, but it's bizarre.... and maddening.

V

yup.. I have the usual scale infestations and the fugus now.. This is probably the worst season I have had in the last 9 years or so. I do not know if you have your own methods for dealing with scale. However, the home made soap solution has helped me keep it under control for the last 5 years or so. It tends to comback though. I am wondering if I used something toxic, if it would come back. I know that sclel tends to come back, so I am not sure if using toxic chemicals is the answer. I like the soap because it is safe to spray anywhere, anytime, and around peple etc..

Rob

Nice tree ha... It could be from the stress of drying out. However, I am not sure if you have been flowwing the thread I posted a couple weeeks ago in the general discussion section about juniper fungus in the noreth east... It is running amuck around here.. It has infiltrated my collection and seemingly many people are having terrible issues with their pines and junipers. In junis, the parts right before the tips start to turn brown, while the very end of the tips of the foliage is green. Then, in a few days, the brown spreads all the way to the tips, until the while area is pale and brown. This usually starts in one small section then spreads throughout the tree. Although in your case it could be stress.. Usually, stress would take longer to appear on conifers, say 3 or 4 plus weeks down the road.

Rob
Rob, actually the first thing I did was check your post. I have another juni showing those symptoms. This is definitely different, starting with the most terminal needles. I made sure I watered it well, and then I through the kitchen sink at it. (fertilizers, fish, seaweed, Humic acid, and some bonide copper dust fungicide). Fingers are crossed that of snaps back. Thanks.

Thats what I was thinking Steve, a repot, then drying at the show. Time to just watch it now. Good Luck.

Yeah, I think it was a combination of several factors. I don't think we are in too much trouble at this point. Thanks for the thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom