Pretty big ficus: Which look do you like best?

Which angle do you like best?

• Total voters

bonsai barry

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This is a ficus that I've had for about five years. Next year when I replant it, I may change the angle. Which view do you like best?

Pic #1 Before trimming
Pic #2 New angle
Pic #3 Current Angle

Attachments

• Ficus-1.jpg
    Ficus-1.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 48
  • Ficus2.jpg
    Ficus2.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 60
  • ficus-3.jpg
    ficus-3.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 61
I like the look of it when it's surrounded by a cardboard box and sitting on my front porch :rolleyes:

Definitely like the second picture, the new angle. Much better movement.

The third view looks best to me - looking at it from that view it draws you in a bit. :)

I like the third, but you definitely need to do something about those fat, ugly roots -- even if it is just to plant it a bit deeper. Preferably, though, the crossing roots would be removed.

I like the third, but you definitely need to do something about those fat, ugly roots -- even if it is just to plant it a bit deeper. Preferably, though, the crossing roots would be removed.

I agree. I'd also review the apex...right now the main trunk line looks like a lightning (or SS insignia)...I'd probably address that now, shorten and replace the top. Sorry

I like the second more dynamic angle. But if you do this, you'll need to shorten the left side of the tree and let the right grow out some. The bottom left branch may be too heavy at that point... But it looks nice except the root thing. What JKL said....

I asked for a virtual, and this is what was done for me.

The suggestion is fewer thicker branches, and perhaps grow and clip.
The rock was for fun.
Good Evening
Anthony

Attachments

• 1111.jpg
    1111.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 14
I asked for a virtual, and this is what was done for me.

The suggestion is fewer thicker branches, and perhaps grow and clip.
The rock was for fun.
Good Evening
Anthony

Thanks for everyone's input especially those that were able to share their thoughts with a virtual.

Anthony, I would love to have the tree in your drawing... I'm not sure its possible with the tree that I have but it is a worthy goal!

Back
Top Bottom